Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best atmosphere at an away game

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
what has been the best atmosphere you have witnessed , F.A cup semi and play offs finals do not count .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
WHU in the play off season of 1990/1991. The ONLY away game I actually wanted us to lose so we would get out alive.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The start of The Great Escape at Brizzle Rovers 3 seasons ago. Coming back from the dead to win 2-1 & going totally mental on that shitty little side terrace.

Glorious post-match celebrations with the players, RS & co. going bonkers in front of us; & marvelous, MARVELOUS scenes. :clap:

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Peterborough when Bobby Zamora scored a goal which all but won us the League 1 title. I remember the buzz before the game when we found out Bobby was fit again.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Oh you mean generated by Albion fans.

Anfield away in 1991 was quite good.

steve-c

I was a 11 year old , dad took me and I remember him saying you will never enjoy an away game as much,.he was right and I'm now 44 great game and the singing was immense

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Biggest Chicken Run in England

The 4-3 defeat at the Old Valley (the huge terrace occupied by Albion supporters) in the seventies. It felt like a home from home with more room and a better view for East Terrace regulars.

Last edited:

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Peterborough when Bobby Zamora scored a goal which all but won us the League 1 title. I remember the buzz before the game when we found out Bobby was fit again.

This is a great, great shout - I remember that buzz before the game - awesome.

I think Anfield in 91 was the best for me - Johnny Byrne's goal will live with me forever.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
newcastle,when we got promoted to the old div1,3-0 up at half time,amazing!

remember shaking hands with geordies outside,they were chuffed because we went up instead of sunderland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here