Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Brighton and Hove Albion vs West Ham Official match thread ****

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
A day early I know but this should be a decent game! No win in 7 games for us so far, will that change tomorrow night? I think it could as West Ham are without a few first teamers.

Team News Brighton:

Jara Reyes expected to be handed his debut in midfield whilst Vicente is a doubt. Buckley returns for selection.

Team News West Ham:

Matty Taylor, Henri Lansbury, James Tomkins, Carlton Cole, Robert Green, Gary O'Neil and Guy Demel all out sidelined.

Prediction 1-1 but I hope we can take advantage of their injury problems and take all 3 points.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion v West Ham United
Referee KEVIN FRIEND
Assistants: Simon Barrow and Nick Hobbis
Fourth Official Gavin Ward

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
something i came across whilst looking on a hammers site. I personally think Gus should read this out to all of the players prior to the game

"We certainly do not have the pace and mobility in midfield. Noble likes time on the ball, as does Collison and out wide we only have Faubert with any "legs".

When you dont have the movement, it restricts any ability to open up the opposition via a passing game. It also makes it hard for your own midfield to get the ball back once its lost as the opposition will simply need to keep it moving with 1 and 2 touch football.

Sam seems to have recruited players without pace and athletism thus making the direct or long ball game inevitable. We need Collison to grow some balls and start competing. He has decent technique and ability on the ball but is not helping the team enough when he is not in possession. Looks like he is still struggling with the pace of the game and lacking stamina. Needs to be told that to make it at the top in midfield that you have to start tackling and being more aggressive.

I am hoping this Guy Demel geezer eventually gets fit enough to play a game at RB. We can then move O'Bolton into the midfield, He competes although again is not blessed with exceptional pace but at least more than Noble, Diop and Collison. Still leaves wide positions vacant. We only have Faubert at the moment who can play wide. No one for the left flank when Taylor is injured other than Collison filling in (poorly for the most part),

Nolan, looked decent against Blackpool but just not involved enough. In a one paced midfield he cannot be effective, He looked a different player in a strong Newcastle midfield.

BFS has a real challenge on his hands. The injuries are not helping but perhaps showing we did not have the strength and depth in midfield that we thought we had?"

i hope what they have put is correct!!!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Vicente injured? I'd expect Sparrow to keep his place then, playing just ahead of Bridcutt & Jara.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
oh ffs - no space after the fourth star before "Brighton" - amateur.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
20111024WestHam.jpg

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I don't mind starting the thread before the day. It makes sense. Better than having a pre-match thread. And it is at least a four star game, if not a five star.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Hopefully Harper can make his debut tonight, would be decent, that's if he signs in time.

I have alot of confidence in us getting a win tonight, some interesting stats between Brighton and West Ham but I'll keep quiet as I wouldn't like to jinx it :thumbsup:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Not happy with the title, nor the missing details.

Npower Championship
Venue: AMEX Stadium
Date: Monday, 24 October 2011
Kick-off: 19.45

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 4
West Ham wins - 1
Draws - 1
Brighton goals - 11
West Ham goals - 5

League Results at Brighton - all time
English League Championship

23.04.2005 Brighton 2-2 West Ham
English Division Two (old)
10.04.1991 Brighton 1-0 West Ham
16.09.1989 Brighton 3-0 West Ham
English Division One (old)
23.10.1982 Brighton 3-1 West Ham
16.01.1981 Brighton 1-0 West Ham
English Division Two (old)
28.10.1978 Brighton 1-2 West Ham

Head-to-head
• This is the 20th competitive meeting. Brighton have won five of the previous 19, West Ham nine, with five drawn.
• The clubs have met only 12 times in the league. Brighton have the better record, leading 5-4 on victories with 3 matches drawn (16-13 goals agg in favour of the Seagulls)
• The Hammers' only away league win over Brighton was their first visit in October 1978, when they prevailed 2-1 in the old Second Division.

Brighton
• Having completed their first six Championship matches without a defeat, Brighton have now played six without a win.
• They have picked up three points out of 18, since a 1-0 triumph away to lowly Bristol City on 10 September.
• Should Gus Poyet's side lose, it would be their second home defeat, and equal the number they suffered in the whole of last season's title-winning campaign in League One.

West Ham
• West Ham have won one of their last four league games, after completing a seven match unbeaten sequence.
• They are the only club not to have lost a Championship match this season when two or more goals were conceded, although they have lost three by a 1-0 margin, including Tuesday's trip to leaders Southampton.
• If Sam Allardyce's side can add four goals to the 11 netted on the road already this season, it will take their all-time total of league goals scored away from home to 2,000.

Last edited:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Brighton v West Ham

Page last updated at 11:27 GMT, Sunday, 23 October 2011 12:27 UK
E-mail this to a friendPrintable version
Npower Championship
Venue: AMEX Stadium Date: Monday, 24 October Kick-off: 1945 BST Coverage: Listen on BBC Radio 5 live and BBC local radio; text commentary on the BBC Sport website
TEAM NEWS
Gonzalo Jara Reyes is expected to make his Brighton debut following his loan move from West Brom.

Winger Will Buckley (hamstring) is back in the squad but Spanish midfielder Vicente (thigh) is a doubt.

West Ham's injury problems have worsened, with Henri Lansbury (knee) and Matt Taylor (calf) now sidelined.

James Tomkins (groin), Carlton Cole (knee), Guy Demel (hamstring), Gary O'Neil (ankle) and goalkeeper Robert Green (knee) are also out.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• This is the 20th competitive meeting. Brighton have won five of the previous 19, West Ham nine, with five drawn.

• Their most recent meeting was in the third round of the FA Cup in January 2007, when West Ham won 3-0 at Upton Park. But in the league, Brighton are unbeaten in three against them (W2, D1).

• The Hammers' only away league win over Brighton was their first visit in October 1978, when they prevailed 2-1 in the old Second Division.

Brighton & Hove Albion

• Having completed their first six Championship matches without a defeat, Brighton have now played six without a win.

• They have picked up three points out of 18, since a 1-0 triumph away to lowly Bristol City on 10 September.

• Should Gus Poyet's side lose, it would be their second home defeat, and equal the number they suffered in the whole of last season's title-winning campaign in League One.

West Ham United

• West Ham have won one of their last four league games, after completing a seven match unbeaten sequence.

• They are the only club not to have lost a Championship match this season when two or more goals were conceded, although they have lost three by a 1-0 margin, including Tuesday's trip to leaders Southampton.

• If Sam Allardyce's side can add four goals to the 11 netted on the road already this season, it will take their all-time total of league goals scored away from home to 2,000.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here