Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for a pub in/near Crawley with indoor kids play area

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
T'internet is not proving very helpful, so I turn to my favourite website for guidance.

Go!

There's that big Harvester-type place by the huge roundabout at Three Bridges. Not sure about a play area but kids certainly welcome in there.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
The Railway, by Crawley Station, does NOT have a play area.

Hope this helps.

(Nor does The Punch Bowl in town)

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Cherry Tree Pub at Faygate has an OUTDOOR play area.

Holmbush Farm (between Crawley and Faygate) has an indoor play are - but is NOT a pub.

Does this help?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
There's a pub on the outskirts of Haywards Heath that is one of those family friendly pubs, like a harvester but way worse, with an indoor kids play area, kids food, large car park, large garden for charging around in etc.

i know that's a little way from Creepy, but at least you'll be in proper Sussex, rather than that horribly pikey slice of Surrey that sits within our borders.

Shall i try and find the name of it?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Wackey Warehouse in Horley has a great indoor play area.

Also try the millhouse in ifield crawley, think they have a play area as well as games consoles !

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
There's a pub on the outskirts of Haywards Heath that is one of those family friendly pubs, like a harvester but way worse, with an indoor kids play area, kids food, large car park, large garden for charging around in etc.

i know that's a little way from Creepy, but at least you'll be in proper Sussex, rather than that horribly pikey slice of Surrey that sits within our borders.

Shall i try and find the name of it?

The Beech Hurst. (harvester) Butlers Green Road Haywards Heath West Sussex. Tel:

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
Yes its a Brewsters pub I think, one of them with an ice cream factory fill it yourself thing. Used it a few years ago, is near the car park for Tilgate park opposite the lake. It did have a big indoor climbing frame area.
It will be mobbed.

I live in Crawley - the pub at Tilgate park is currently closed, it will re-open eventually as a Smith & Western restaurant. Your best bet if you want to stay in Crawley is The Millhouse which is on Hyde Drive in Ifield West. This has an indoor play area with a ball pool and also an outdoor play area. Have to say that I have not been in there for a few years though but imagine it is still the same. If you go past Crawley to Horley there is The Air Balloon which also has a large indoor play area with ball pool.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
There's that big Harvester-type place by the huge roundabout at Three Bridges. Not sure about a play area but kids certainly welcome in there.

It's the Holiday Inn in Three Bridges, thats the one we normally stay at when we do the home games, I am almost sure there is a play area there bozza, the hotel and the Harvester are all in the same grounds, very good as well.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I've always wondered how people manage to eat next to that all pervading smell of sweaty sock you get in kids play areas. Although I suppose it's partly masked by the aroma of chicken nugget and chip fat.

Why not pack a picnic, thermos flasks, wrap up really warm and find an outside play area with benches/tables and fresh air?

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
most ,now dont bother,as they can earn a lot more with the space being used for diners.
Its a thing of the past,thank god my kids have grown up,many a sunday taking them along whilst having the odd tipple.:D

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
So, a few years on... do any such pubs still exist in the sussex area?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
In a bizarre coincidence today we tried to find one somewhere between Brighton and Worthing. Are there any?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did you find one? Can't think of anything at all down that way. I didn't think the Beech Hurst one at Haywards Heath (mentioned earlier) had a play area these days. Which leaves the hideous Air Balloon in Horley. Neither really in your search range. Frankly, from the point of view of your Sunday lunch, that's probably a good thing...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here