Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should piss-taking opposing supporters be banned from the Big Board

Should piss-taking opposing fans be kicked off the Big Board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
NSC has long been far more liberal in the acceptance of opposing fans.

If you're big enough to give it out, you need to be big enough to take it.

Many opposing fans who make it to NSC offer well considered input to many of the discussions here. There are some, however, who do not and just seek to take the piss again and again and again.

Should this latter group be kicked off NSC's Big Board and only allowed to post in a new 'Away End'. The Away End would be accessible to all regular members meaning each NSCer could decide whether to ignore the sub-forum completely, have a read every now and again or engage with the away fans who post there.

What happens now

Opposing fan joins NSC - free to post anywhere
Opposing fan pisstakes a bit - free to post anywhere
Opposing fans pisstakes a lot - gets a warning
Opposing fan goes too far - banned

Proposal

Opposing fan joins NSC - free to post anywhere
Opposing fan pisstakes a bit - gets a warning
Opposing fans pisstakes a lot - moved to 'away end'
Opposing fan goes too far - banned

This poll will be open for a week. Votes from opposing fans will be discounted.

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
And, regardless of the above, opposing fans who go too far with language, spamming and homophobia etc will still be banned completely from the site.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Banned, NO - not simply for being away fans, nor for a bit of ribbing. If they're abusive then yes of course.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Banned, NO - not simply for being away fans, nor for a bit of ribbing. If they're abusive then yes of course.

Or ban for posting the SAME old dribble like saintswilltopplebrighton does for example. At the very least MOVE to an away fans section.

There are some good away fans, even some Palace, let them STAY on the main board.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
NSC is THE most popular site via Tapatalk out of 177 others Inc ManCity, Celtic, Man U etc... Ban a few more individuals as reqd, but it ain't broke DON'T....

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I like well constructed piss takes from the away fans, we may not have the best team in the league but we have the best message board. In short, keep it the way it is!

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] How would you moderate this should it change, would it be a case of moving a thread individually into a 'away fans' section if it were created in the Big Board? Surely this would be tiresome?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
It's the idiot brighton fans that are pissing me off more than away fans!. The ones that post wind up thread after wind up thread being delibrately negative.

I would prefer away fans to be given a trial on the Big Board then if they turn out to be eejits, then limit them to an Away only board. Would be a shame to lose a lot of the quality away fans we have on here from Plymouth, Southampton, Charlton and even Palace by not allowing them to post on the Big Board

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Unfortunately, (and I do mean that) they should be consigned to a new away end....or banned.

Having read and been part of this board for some considerable time, the number of away fans utterly taking the piss has seriously diminished the enjoyment of this forum.

When a Palace fan consistently insults and abuses this board with a final "f*** off and die" to an Albion poster is tolerated by the moderators is in my opinion a serious mis-judgement by the mods.

You remind people that there is always the 'Report' facility. Well, I did use this facility following the above remark by the Palace supporter. The result was a PM from one moderator refusing to ban him and suggesting if WE stopped posting, so would the Palace supporter. Another moderator also backed this up by saying he felt a 'warning' was more than adequate. In my opinion....both were poor judgements.

If this forum is to be enjoyed by Brighton supporters, then such leniency will not only discourage new posters, but also encourage the more offensive posts.

Banter is one thing....down right offensive and vicious posting....particularly from away supporters is another.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Aren't persistent piss takers banned regardless of who they support? Isn't giving them their own forum inviting the sort of posters you normally ban?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Unfortunately, (and I do mean that) they should be consigned to a new away end....or banned.

Having read and been part of this board for some considerable time, the number of away fans utterly taking the piss has seriously diminished the enjoyment of this forum.

When a Palace fan consistently insults and abuses this board with a final "f*** off and die" to an Albion poster is tolerated by the moderators is in my opinion a serious mis-judgement by the mods.

You remind people that there is always the 'Report' facility. Well, I did use this facility following the above remark by the Palace supporter. The result was a PM from one moderator refusing to ban him and suggesting if WE stopped posting, so would the Palace supporter. Another moderator also backed this up by saying he felt a 'warning' was more than adequate. In my opinion....both were poor judgements.

If this forum is to be enjoyed by Brighton supporters, then such leniency will not only discourage new posters, but also encourage the more offensive posts.

Banter is one thing....down right offensive and viscious posting....particularly from away supporters is another.

For the most part - this.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I will say it. Too f***ing namby pamby. A bit of zero tolerance is needed frankly.

As my MD would say these new wind up thread starters need a FIFO massage.

Fit In or f*** Off

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Can you vote on a poll on tapatalk?

If not my answer is No. Reason is some are top. Others are annoying but that's life.

What's more annoying is posts like "were f***ing shit" etc.... And.constant putting the club down when they have gone through hoops for us.

seagulls

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's the idiot brighton fans that are pissing me off more than away fans!. The ones that post wind up thread after wind up thread being delibrately negative.

I would prefer away fans to be given a trial on the Big Board then if they turn out to be eejits, then limit them to an Away only board. Would be a shame to lose a lot of the quality away fans we have on here from Plymouth, Southampton, Charlton and even Palace by not allowing them to post on the Big Board

Spot on. :thumbsup:

And we should have a similar category of Brighton fans who can only post in the 'Childish Drivel' forum.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I vote no. I don't take an awful lot of notice of those sort of threads to be honest, and rarely reply to them. However, if I did and they were on a sub-forum I doubt I'd even see them.

Leave it be - I'm a great believer in "if you don't like it, don't read it"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here