Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

would glen murray have made a difference?

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
He play's for Palace now, not even worth the mention. From what I heard I could have put that away and my Mum would have been 50-50. Murray has gone now get over it.

D

Deleted member 18477

If we still had murray, CMS would have scored more IMO! the opposition would have had 2 nightmare strikers to defend against giving CMS more space! But there we are we don't have him so Poyet will need to look at others now!

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
Having seen some of Glenn's penalty misses in the last couple of seasons, I doubt it - but I still dream about a Murray-CMS partnership at the Amex !

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
it's becoming a sad reality of our season, that we're totally under utilising our most expensive signing of all time. Murray and players like him would make a huge difference.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
it's becoming a sad reality of our season, that we're totally under utilising our most expensive signing of all time. Murray and players like him would make a huge difference.

yawn... gone now move on.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
yawn... gone now move on.

yawn?

to suggest that players able to hold up the ball and link the play would release CMS this season? couldn't care less if it was Murray or someone else, but to suggest we don't miss that type of player is a foolish comment.

now piss off.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
No, how many 0-0 have we seen this season, we are scoring goals our problem is seeing out games with 10 minutes or so to go.

AndyO

May 26, 2009
I believe that letting Murray go was a massive error. we would be a much better team with him in it. Frustrating that he is the type of player we are calling out for now.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Having seen some of Glenn's penalty misses in the last couple of seasons, I doubt it - but I still dream about a Murray-CMS partnership at the Amex !

You're right. He was atrocious at penalties. Would have been good up front with CMS but why do people think we could afford to pay both?

AndyO

May 26, 2009
No, how many 0-0 have we seen this season, we are scoring goals our problem is seeing out games with 10 minutes or so to go.

He holds the ball up and takes the pressure off the defence, great at defending corners and set pieces and him and cms would have been fantastic.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
yawn?

to suggest that players able to hold up the ball and link the play would release CMS this season? couldn't care less if it was Murray or someone else, but to suggest we don't miss that type of player is a foolish comment.

now piss off.

Piss Off is offensive as I was taught by my parents.

All I am saying is look forward not back.

I bet your Mum would be proud of your comments. (A Wise Man has something to say a fool has to say something).

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

This. In regards to Murray and the OP, the penalty statement is a little naive. Barnes is a better penalty taker than Murray, and Barnes was not on the pitch. However CMS works his socks off for 90 minutes and once he gets the ball in a bit of space, things happen. But he's just not getting the service. Murray would have been perfect for him. I trust in Gus, but I do question his judgement now on this one. We had a good blend last season of the passing game, and then being able to hit the ball long occasionally up to Murray/Wood. Now in a league where it's viable that we have to do this more frequently as the quality of opposition offences is better, we have lost a man primed to play this sort of game.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Piss Off is offensive as I was taught by my parents.

All I am saying is look forward not back.

I bet your Mum would be proud of your comments. (A Wise Man has something to say a fool has to say something).

apologies for pissy comment - i'm still feeling quite annoyed after tonight's game and antics on train by millwall monkeys

but i actually don't think i've said anything un-wise. we're totally underutilising CMS - our most expensive player of all time. simple as that. a player of the Murray mould would bring him into the game more. that IS looking forward, otherwise we'll be looking back on a missed opportunity when CMS decides to leave.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
This. In regards to Murray and the OP, the penalty statement is a little naive. Barnes is a better penalty taker than Murray, and Barnes was not on the pitch. However CMS works his socks off for 90 minutes and once he gets the ball in a bit of space, things happen. But he's just not getting the service. Murray would have been perfect for him. I trust in Gus, but I do question his judgement now on this one. We had a good blend last season of the passing game, and then being able to hit the ball long occasionally up to Murray/Wood. Now in a league where it's viable that we have to do this more frequently as the quality of opposition offences is better, we have lost a man primed to play this sort of game.

Fair comment.........gone move on.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He wouldn't have scored the penalty, never does. That said, can anyone really argue that a Murray/CMS partnership would see us tearing this league apart, Gus seemed to struggle to see it at times last season and definitely didn't see it when he let him go so easily, but he's the missing link in our team.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Fair comment.........gone move on.

Maybe so, but we haven't. No one has replaced him and a player of his stature/ability to hold up the ball and lay it off is what we need. We haven't moved on as we haven't found a way to not need a player like that.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
you really are a dick - murray needs to be replaced - gus poyets biggest mistake as manager is not letting murray go - but failing to replace him and leaving a 2.5 million pound striker isolated a probably very frustrated.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Sadly I have to say yes although I dint think he is as effective at this level. He is not exactly ripping the division apart with Palace. But he is exactly the type of player we need to add something different.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Sadly I have to say yes although I dint think he is as effective at this level. He is not exactly ripping the division apart with Palace. But he is exactly the type of player we need to add something different.

But then he never REALLY tore League 1 apart in the way CMS, Simon Cox, Beckford e.t.c. did, his value was in his movement, defensive work, hold up play bringing others into the game and from what I've seen, he's very much still doing that in this league

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here