Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As we all know, the home end has sold out for every single league game this season, and whilst it is to be expected seeing empty seats on a match day dotted around the stadium, it is enormously frustrating seeing banks of empty seats to the right of the away end when the visitors "only" bring 1,300-1,400 fans with them.

I'd like to see the club investigate the feasibility of applying a more flexible "cut-off" point. I assume that would mean having multiple shutter points on the concourse, as well as more toilet/concession facilities to cope with the divide not being exactly central. It might not be worth it, I guess it depends how long it will be before the stadium capacity is increased.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
At the Barnsley game, their will be home fans in the South Stand as Barnsley did not take all their allocation!

Yes, there are an extra 1,000 tickets on sale to Home Fans

Crennis

Apr 13, 2011
Pompey (send help!)
Isn't the problem with this the position of the aisles? ie you aren't allowed more than a certain number of seats from the closest exit (hence why folks in the North were moved when the screen blocked one)

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Isn't the problem with this the position of the aisles? ie you aren't allowed more than a certain number of seats from the closest exit (hence why folks in the North were moved when the screen blocked one)

I believe that you cannot be more than 14 seats from an aisle.
I was told that if the away club sells 1100 or less then they can segregate the South Stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here