Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Star.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Lara will run on Friday 14th at Romford over 750m (8 bends) for Novice marathon runners open race, she had a trial at Romford today and ran the track well, the race is the last race on the card, 10.40pm. This is getting much nearer to the distance she needs.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Its great news she's in this. (Although it would have been nice to see you at Crayford on Saturday instead). It's fantastic to go open racing at another track. It takes the excitement to another level. In football terms, it's an away leg in the Champions League.
Good luck.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Thanks Biffer m8, when we started all this our wish was an away day in an open race.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
For what it's worth, this is what I think of the race.
Young Tokyo will probably start favourite as to be honest it's a class act and knows Romford inside out.
The Irish import Spot The Hawk seems to have a lot about him at first glance, and with only Lara to clear to the first bend he ought to get a great run around the outside. There will probably be money for Hawk I would think. Not sure if it's had a trial around Romford but it's Irish form is very impressive.
These seem to be the two main players. Lara's trial today was only just good enough to get her any sort of graded race so she'll be a big price. I'd guess at least 20/1. Don't forget she's gone very very close at huge prices twice before though.....
Please go there if you can. It's a great night out and the bookmakers take a proper bet and there's no Betfair in sight for them to lay it off. Last time I was there a few weeks ago I saw a grand go on the favourite and the price didn't move. Chas Miller would have a heart attack if he saw anything more than £50 !

Good luck fellas.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Biffer , Laras trial was with Ballymac Eugenie and it was the quickest trial of the day and only went 1 lap, lara got beat 16 lengths, but by the time they got to the pick up she was in front, also her trial time was a lot better than some that trialed, Eugenie has done a 24.10 round Romford, have any of the dogs in laras racerun this trip before?
thanks for looking into the race form.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Cheers for the info Biffer. What is the dog from Nottingham like? seems a long way to take a dog if it doesnt have a chance. Hope your right about Lara bieng 20's but im expecting her to be more like 10's or 12's, just a gut feeling!

Gotta agree with Mark, this was the goal when we started the sydicate, an away track open race! Persoanally i cant wait for Friday. Come on Lara!!!!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Gus, I think he's mainly coming down to keep Salacres Polizzi company who runs against Droopys Comedian earlier on the card.
Just looked into T6 form further and he's run a couple of races in England which I didn't realise. Fortunately it's nowhere near what he produced in Ireland but he's still one to be wary of.

To answer another question, I think most, if not all of them have run over this trip at Romford before.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Ha! No I had 'The Boy With The Arab Strap' going around my head meaning I couldn't sleep so I got up at 3.30.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Wow, isn't it funny how you dig into form and it produces more and more....
Just checked out the Irish form of the Nottingham dog Gus was talking about and its actually really decent. A bit like T6 it just hasn't produced it over here yet.
It was 4/6f to beat Pearles Orchid who has aquitted herself really well over here and produced some really good runs (including Hove I believe). If this thing was odds on to beat it, you'd say it has a big chance on its Irish form.
The more I look at it, this is a bonkers race. I still guess you'll be somewhere between 12/1 and 20/1 if my opinion counts (which is probably doesn't !)

Seriously. Good luck. Enjoy the night out. This is what it's all about. Forget the opposition and just have a drink and a good time. That's what greyhound racing is all about. If you win, all the better.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
yes Star lost to Perles orchid by a short head and she has gone on to do 41.30 over 695.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Just had a look on the racing post and I have to say, and sorry to disagree biffer but the 1 dog must have massive doubts about whether it stays and in my mind is outsider of the lot. Trap 2 is a worry based on the fact it has a better 695 time then all of Lara's races but maybe the extra 100 odd meters might be enough for Lara to make that up. I think to win this maiden a dog will have to run under 48 seconds and both of the racing posts hot picks (4 & 6) have not yet managed to do this! Trap 3 on the other hand has, twice, and personally this in my mind is Lara's biggest threat! Agree with biffer that it looks a mad race to pick a winner, but my prediction for what it is worth is trap 3 to win, Lara to come 2nd and trap 2 come 3rd. Might even have a pound on that trio!!!!!

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I think Lara is more than capeable of running sub 48secs, the 3 dog has had plenty of chances at this distance and not exactly set the world on fire, the 2 dog has run twice quicker than lara over 695 and does run on in all it's races, I doubt she runs on as quick as Lara though, it was also off the track from may until sept (season possibly) but hasn't won since coming back, trap 4 hasn't won beyond 575m and has had plenty of chances, the 1 dog looks like it stays but has only run this trip once, trap 6 was 2nd over 750m and was running on last time it raced, but it's Irish form is hard to judge, if you look at Lara's form over 695m 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd, 3 of them races in opens, she is always running on, she ran a talking dog (perles orchid) to a short head and should have won, I think she is crying out for this trip, for me the big danger is the 1 dog, but I back Lara to win.

J2 BHA

NSC Patreon
Jul 28, 2004
Jesus, you guys make me realise why I never win bugger all as I certainly can't read form like you lot!!

I'll just back lara and enjoy it win, lose or draw (yes, I'd take a dead heat win!).

Can't wait.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Ha ha, Jamie I used to be the same, but the longer we've been involved with Benny and Lara the more I've taken note of stats, times etc!!! Racing Post quotes Albion Star as only 7/1 so seems we were way out when forecasting a price!!! Definitely just going go up there and enjoy it though, this is what it's all about. See ya there!

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
I'm surprised nobody fancies the Japanese dog. It has solid claims.
I've now decided T6 will win. Maybe !
On the latest line of form he'll be 12 lengths in front of Lara with half a lap to go, but is also says 'Ran On Well' about T6 when over this distance last week.
Dream run around the outside too. Yeah, that's the one.
Trouble inside leading to Lara sneaking into a gallant 2nd place to land the each way money.
We'll see. Good luck !

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
For those that follow the thread and dont know, Lara finished 4th. It would seem a tight track like Romford is certainly not what she is suited to. However it was good experience watching her at an "away" track. And the blow was softened by me and the boys being on Clemonson's Pams Alan in the big race of the night, winning at 7/2.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Just to let you know that Lara will have a trial this week, as she was marked awkward at Romford, this means she got involved with another dog in running but the racing manager didnt disqualify her because he felt it wasn't her fault, she will trial probably before racing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here