Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

**** The Official "Brighton Magiko" Song - As chosen by fans on NSC ****

Prepared to have a Drum for this song only, in Northstand, on a limited trial?

• No, over my dead body.

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • Yes, I'd trial it,to see how it works.

Votes: 98 58.7%

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It started with a thread, where many aired grievances about our version of "we love you" deemed by objectors as "the Palace song".

Next [MENTION=12656]Pantani[/MENTION] had submitted lyrics towards a solution the "Brighton Magiko", an adaptation of Panathinaikos "Horta Magiko" - Lyrics were adapted by more fans on NSC and virtually unanimous approval of this song choice followed. With our words overlaid in the Greek version.

Now the promised next steps...... How far and wide this goes is down to you

More info at www.brightonmagiko.co.uk The video plus one click electronic sending of the upcoming A5 flyer is here. You can "like" facebook page and "follow" twitter page on green bar at bottom and see facebook and twitter pages inline.

www.facebook.com/brightonmagiko "Like". The Landing page is where video is - you can share video from here to all friends/fellow fans - When and If it kicks off, capture it, all photos videos can be uploaded to facebook page by you.

www.twitter.com/brightonmagiko "follow" and tweet.....

Want to become an admin - drop us a PM

Lastly - been communicating with couple of the NSK lads and 5000 full colour A5 flyers are in print (below), should hopefully be ready for Hull game.... You liked the song, so can you help distribute them? PM or contact form on website - will put you in touch with NSK who will organise.

2jg439t.gif

2i1gu8l.gif

Finally the poll, this will only work well if the tempo can be maintained and it doesn't descend into 100 miles an hour. Having read a majority are generally against a drum in Northstand ..... Would you be prepared to have a drum, and someone able to use it (used in Northstand for this song ONLY) on a limited trial? to see if it works? It works well in video to keep tempo.

This is the song that was put forward by fans of NSC, a song for all fans, not just a Northstand song. It was adapted, approved and chosen by you....... if actions match interest it could, in time, be fanstastic, if not at least we tried, Now the framework is there, its completely over to you.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is it worth a link to an A4 sheet with the words on, so that anyone can print and take along for themselves?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Nice one mate!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Is it worth a link to an A4 sheet with the words on, so that anyone can print and take along for themselves?

can do that, if you like Bob, but there will be 5000 printed tomorrow in time for Hull hopefully....... but I will arrange to put that on website. Look out for it very soon.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Great effort lads, i like it, lets hope it takes off

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
May i ask why theres a verse intentionally for the north stand? Surely when we goto away games and everyone learns the words everyone will sing it regardless..cracking idea though and i hope it takes off

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
can do that, if you like Bob, but there will be 5000 printed tomorrow in time for Hull hopefully....... but I will arrange to put that on website. Look out for it very soon.[/QUOTE

Only 14,000 wont know the words then :shootself

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
can do that, if you like Bob, but there will be 5000 printed tomorrow in time for Hull hopefully....... but I will arrange to put that on website. Look out for it very soon.[/QUOTE

Only 14,000 wont know the words then :shootself

If thats an offer to buy some more, cheers!

Doubt you'll get too many grandads or 1901, should be enough to see how it pans out.... if the 5000 told 3 people each, job done

May i ask why theres a verse intentionally for the north stand? Surely when we goto away games and everyone learns the words everyone will sing it regardless..cracking idea though and i hope it takes off

It will take on a life of its own and people will do what they want, it was just to give it some structure similar to the video, what is listed as The Northstand verse 1 is the intro verse, sung once, it then goes verse 2,3,2,3 over and over. ...... If enough in the WSU want to start it who's to stop them...... who knows how it may or may not work away from home?

Guess Everyone would do it?

Last edited:

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
After listening to it a few times, I must go against the grain and say I'm a bit dubious about it. But I'm willing to give anything a go, and it will probably sound better sung in English! And it's also good seeing positive efforts being made to start new songs.

But please, no drum. It'll do mine/other people's heads in.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I'll give it a bash, might take me a while to learn it though (being a bit thick n all) lol

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good luck, a lot of work gone into it, hope its successful, you may need a drum to get the tempo to work, but I personally hope that they never
allow one in the Amex.

GOSBTS was/is a good song too, at the correct speed, and nobody could say that was stolen off anyone.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
At first reading down i thought no chance anything new will take off and you're wasting your time, but listening to it you are right it is a quality chant which would sound quality so good luck. Was that a Basketball court?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Not a particularly catchy tune IMO. I'll give it a go though.

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
More foreign shit, and f***ing embarrassing lyrics.

"My Albion, My BHA, we'll support you till our dieing day?"

jesus wept. Just when you thought the "Ultras" couldn't get any worse. Manufactured rubbish.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
More foreign shit, and f***ing embarrassing lyrics.

"My Albion, My BHA, we'll support you till our dieing day?"

jesus wept. Just when you thought the "Ultras" couldn't get any worse. Manufactured rubbish.

Couldn't agree more :facepalm: it doesn't even scan properly "Seagulls are weeeee, blue and white armeeeyyy??". Sound like a manc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here