Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

keeping back away fans at end of game

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I Was at the game last night in family stand, who's decision was it to let away fans out at same time as Albion fans, I think it was a massive mistake as the trouble last night started as soon as the final whistle went. There were a lot of very scared youngsters and worried parents leaving early. But some would have seen and heard the trouble, My daughter is eleven years old and I am concerned that seeing and hearing this will put her off going to future games

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
It was a decision taken by the club and the police - and the both were satisfied with the outcome. Had the fans been kept in, that could have led to serious disorder both inside and outside. As it was, the match passed off without serious incident. Nonetheless, I do agree with you that it is a concern the club shares that younger fans could be put off from coming to matches, due to the anti-social behaviour of both sets of supporters - hence the fact the club will assist the police in their efforts to prosecute the culprits and they will be banned from future Albion games. I have passed on your comments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here