Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-ordering Half Time Drinks

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And don't forget opera glasses for those many thousands of patrons in West Stand Upper wanting to learn all those complex song lyrics on the big screens.

Perhaps they should have those ones attached to the seat in front of you where you pay a £1 to use them for the game.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
How would this work?

When I went to see some shows at the dome in the past I pre-ordered half-time drink and popped out to get it at half time and there was an unmanned table with teh drinks sitting on it, and you helped yourslf.

I would see problems with this, how big a table would you need for all the pre-orders? where would you set up the collection table so that people can get to it safely and quickly? A thousand people trying to get to the table could easily lead to the table getting knocked a lot, causing spillage. What about people who don't bother getting their drink instead grabbing any that is what they ordered under the assumption whoever's drink they took the person could take theirs when he gets there. What if people forget to order, but don't realise it? What about people who don't order and realise it then take drinks anyway (either because they are theives or because they have had a few already and didn't really think about what they were doing).

If you then decide to have staff watching over the table, to check people are acting in an orderly manner and taking only the drinks they preordered, the queueu will move as quickly (slowly) as the queues currently do.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
They could give out a receipt then you could just walk up and collect them from the table whilst handing over the receipt at the same time but the table would be behind the person who is collecting the receipts in so no one takes drinks that weren't theirs.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Where would you put them? They'd get nicked even if you could find a place
I agree. Theatre crowd and amount of people is totally different to a football match. I have decided not to bother at half time until they speed up. They need more staff. The Harvey barrels under the umbrellas are always running out. Why not have two pumps set ?. At the last game they ran out of glasses.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They could give out a receipt then you could just walk up and collect them from the table whilst handing over the receipt at the same time but the table would be behind the person who is collecting the receipts in so no one takes drinks that weren't theirs.

Whereabout would this table be? Where can a table be put where someone can keep an eye on the drinks, because the chaos of a busy concourse would make it hard to police the table. There is no way of knowing what order people will arrive at the table for their drinks, so there will still be a time taken to pick out the right drinks, checking the receipt making sure people only take what they paid for, making sure they take the kronenberg, not the fosters, etc.

Then just the fact that space is a premium in the concourse at half time. queues for toilets, queues for pies, queues for the mobile sellers, space for people to drink their beers, where would you put a table big enough for all the pre-orders (if there aren't loads of pre-orders, the difference to queuing time would be so negligible that there is no point in the pre-order system, so you have a large table taking up space, with more space taken by another queue, that can send other queues into chaos as they bend to make room and no one is sure who is in which queue.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here