Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Just finished Summer of Rockets on iPlayer. Good spy/political yarn with several family understories running to support this solid, if sometimes disjointed tale.

sor.JPG

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Season five is available on Amazon Prime Video (is included with prime memberships, or can be bought by episode or season, dvd/blu ray box sets also available).

Season 4 is about to start on Sony Crime (freeview channel 40, sky channel 157, freesat 143, virgin 193). Episode one airs on Thursday, several episodes each week by the looks of it. Perhaps they will follow it with season 5?

https://www.sonycrimechannel.co.uk/search/person of interest

That was my worry. I thought I'd have to pay for it as it doesn't seem to be coming on to the streaming services I've got. Have you seen it?

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
I enjoyed Big Little Lies although I guess it’s not that obscure with Kidman and Witherspoon starring. Some laugh out loud moments, cute kids and some genuine rough bits.

Stunning part of the world too.

Next season with Meryl Streep starring out June 10

Watched season 1 last week under instruction from my missus and in preparation for season 2 that’s upcoming.. got to say, I really enjoyed it and eagerly await season 2... recommend.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That was my worry. I thought I'd have to pay for it as it doesn't seem to be coming on to the streaming services I've got. Have you seen it?

I've not seen season 5. I'm not sure if I've seen season 4, possibly the start of it. It eventually fell victim to my having so many other shows to watch and not enough space on my sky box at the time, so would occasionally give up on shows. Streaming wasn't really a thing, and I've moved on to too many other shows to go back at the moment.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Nearly through series 1 of Schitts Creek, not as good as made putt on here but ok. Kept going as always think it might get better.

Might look at that Chernobyl next, going buy the above. Is it on Netflix?
I'm near the end of series 3 of Schitts Creek now. It's got better and better. I can't wait to watch a few episodes a night now.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Been watching What we do in the Shadows, a mockumentary about a bunch of vampires living in New York. Not really laugh out loud but still funny. It's got Matt Berry from the IT Crowd.

It shows how they all get pissed off with each other just the same as humans. The episode about one of them trying to get US Citizenship was very funny, he tries hypnotizing the guy interviewing him to make him approve his application, when it doesn't work he says "All these Government officials, it's like they have no soul"

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Kidding
Now TV/Sky

Jim Carrey plays Geoff Pickles, Mr. Pickles. A depressed but beloved children’s tv presenter. It’s so good.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Totally in agreement. I wouldn’t recommend anyone goes out of their way to watch Deep State and the fact that there seems to be no plan to commission a second series is all anyone needs to know. Billions is excellent.

I started watching Sharp Objects a few weeks ago and that has been pretty decent, so I would recommend checking out that one.

Oh. I've just started Deep State and was going to recommend it on here. Bit of American gloss on the initial exposition but there seems to be enough ends that are going to stay untied to hold my interest.

Season 2 is incoming. I hear Walton Goggins is in it, which was the only reason I thought I'd get up to speed with season 1.

I'll have a gander at Sharp Objects at some point though. It rings a 'might be good' bell.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh. I've just started Deep State and was going to recommend it on here. Bit of American gloss on the initial exposition but there seems to be enough ends that are going to stay untied to hold my interest.

Season 2 is incoming. I hear Walton Goggins is in it, which was the only reason I thought I'd get up to speed with season 1.

I'll have a gander at Sharp Objects at some point though. It rings a 'might be good' bell.

Re sharp objects make sure you watch past the closing credits, or else you wont have a clue what's going on.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I'm on series two of halt and catch fire. An 80's series on the emergence of computer technology. Not a bad watch, with only 3 series I will finish it.

Have you yet? (No spoilers please! - I'm halfway through it all)

Did you feel that they left it a bit up in the air at the end of series 3? Have you now realised there's a season 4?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here