Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just finished series 3 of True Detective.

Satisfying.

Not often you can say that about a crime drama, esp an American one.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I've just finished series 3 of True Detective.

Satisfying.

Not often you can say that about a crime drama, esp an American one.

And has an Oscar-winner in it now as well. Tip given to me is to turn on the hard-of-hearing sub-titles. Definitely helps with some dialogue.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Watching Wentworth (on series 3), like the Sopranos with lipstick, some seriously fantastic acting. Brutal but laced with moments of real despair and compassion.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Finished S2 of 'Counterpart' over the weekend - proper grown up telly. A gorgeous slow-burner with a drip-fed plot that will sit in your head, and this cast of beauts.

images.jpeg

Now looking here for something to fill the void...

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Currently watching the series 'Dirty John' on Netflix, absolutely mental. Still not finished it yet but theres a documentary too which I'll watch after.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
After seeing it tipped in the Radio Times I've been thoroughly enjoying the Canadian comedy Schitts Creek. Series 1-4 is on Netflix - Series 5 is screening now in Canada apparently.

It concerns the wealthy Rose family (video store mogul father, aging soap star mother, spoiled older brother and sister) who are diddled by their business advisor and rendered penniless - except for the deeds to a town called Schitts Creek that Jonny bought as a joke for his son David many years ago - which is considered so worthless it's the one "asset" the authorities don't seize.

Great characters, often very funny and extremely good natured.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Currently watching the series 'Dirty John' on Netflix, absolutely mental. Still not finished it yet but theres a documentary too which I'll watch after.

On your recommendation, I’ve just started watching this. Compelling, scary stuff, slowly building.

I’m making sure that I haven’t got a clue about the real story, but I can guess.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
On your recommendation, I’ve just started watching this. Compelling, scary stuff, slowly building.

I’m making sure that I haven’t got a clue about the real story, but I can guess.

Just finished it today, gets even more scary mate. I did the same as you made sure I didn't know anything about the story. Im going to watch the documentary next which is also on Netflix.

Eric Bana is fu*king awesome in though!

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Just finished Das Boot on Sky Atlantic. Really enjoyed it and would recommend. Only 8 episodes so not a big commitment but well worth it. Just read that a second series has been commissioned. Given how this series ends, I’d guess that was a no brainer.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just finished it today, gets even more scary mate. I did the same as you made sure I didn't know anything about the story. Im going to watch the documentary next which is also on Netflix.

Eric Bana is fu*king awesome in though!

Documentary is very good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here