Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Obscure" US TV choices - recommendations please

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Right, just finished Better call Saul and need something new.

I am ashamed to say I’ve never watched prison break, is it worth the punt, circa 100 episodes will get me sorted for months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give 'The Americans' a bash ... couple of planted Russkies in the US. Worth a watch imo

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Will preview thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah The Americans is great and not prone to bouts of silliness as is customary for an American series.
Sure it has it's moments but by that time you should be able to forgive it a misstep or 2.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
New series of VEEP starting in Spring - I haven't seen Julia Louis Dreyfus in anything else, but she's fantastic in this.

Only problem is this comedy series can't compare to the real life comedy show taking place in the White House!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
New series of VEEP starting in Spring - I haven't seen Julia Louis Dreyfus in anything else, but she's fantastic in this.

Only problem is this comedy series can't compare to the real life comedy show taking place in the White House!

Funniest programme EVER.

VOTE JONAD. :lolol:

Hardly a week goes by without me watching an insults heavy clips montage.
So so funny.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Just finished Escape At Dannemora.

Quite gripping tale based on the true story from 2015 where 2 dangerous convicts escape from a high security nick with help from a gullible (?) employee.

Really enjoyed it, and seems pretty accurate to the truth with a few dramatic licences en route. E7 explaining the reasons why those involved were where they were was quite sobering after kind of rooting for the bad guys.

Recommended.

Really enjoyed this but is a bit of a slow burner and therefore needs a binge watch of maybe 3 episodes to hook you in. Amazing performance by Patricia Arquette and as stated it's a bit of a curve ball on sympathies when you learn why they are banged up.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

You haven’t seen Julia Louis Dreyfus in anything else? Like Seinfeld for instance?

And you live in New York.

But you haven’t seen Seinfeld.

Does not compute.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've caught up with True Detective and am really enjoying it, although I am occasionally tripping over some of the dialogue.
I felt better about that when the same comment was made on one of the American podcasts I listen too.

Have devoured American Doll in record time.
I found it quite refreshing to be watching a 25 min programme.
Really enjoyed it, I particularly enjoyed the incidental music.

Jnr was rummaging around old DVD's and together we're watching Phoenix Nights.
To me (and him) it holds up and is still really funny.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I've caught up with True Detective and am really enjoying it, although I am occasionally tripping over some of the dialogue.

I think the 3rd series has got back to the feel of the first series - found the second series was not as good

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh and John Oliver is back Sunday/Monday night.

Appointment viewing.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I know it's been mentioed already but I'm really enjoying The Expanse at the moment, I also watched the Das Boot series over a couple of days last week, not US but I couldn't stop watching it.

Can't wait for Deutschland 86 as well, really enjoyed '83.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Thanks to whoever recommended Narcos-Mexico on here a while back... Just watched it through and was utterly brilliant

Agree with this, really enjoyed all of the Narcos seasons and this one is no different, gets better with each episode. Just watched episode 9 and trying to limit myself to a max of one episode per night to try and stretch it out :thumbsup:

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Thanks to whoever recommended Narcos-Mexico on here a while back... Just watched it through and was utterly brilliant

Totally agree, it's a really fun show as are the others. Also made even more interesting by the news yesterday regarding the court case of "El Chapo".

Plus, it had my TV crush of the year so far in it in the lovely Teresa Ruiz.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here