Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

List of largest stands in the UK?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Football stands?

Has exactly the same thought some time ago, not sure anyone could find anything on google though.

Oct 25, 2003
it would depend on whether you count multi tier stands as one stand

in which case the largest would probably be found at st james' park, the emirates or old trafford

actually, due to st james' lop sided nature, i've a feeling that the largest may be found there

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
it would depend on whether you count multi tier stands as one stand

in which case the largest would probably be found at st james' park, the emirates or old trafford

actually, due to st james' lop sided nature, i've a feeling that the largest may be found there

The top of the Sir John Hall Stand at St. James' is apparently the highest point of any stadium in Europe.

Oct 25, 2003
i thought he meant from pitch level to the top of the stand

he said something about it's STEEPNESS that makes it a lot higher than it should be

however, are you sure it was europe rather than england? i really can't remember.......he bombarded us with a lot of facts that day

what i WILL say is that the top of st james' has been known to cause many panic attacks.......it's f***ing high up

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
i thought he meant from pitch level to the top of the stand

he said something about it's STEEPNESS that makes it a lot higher than it should be

however, are you sure it was europe rather than england? i really can't remember.......he bombarded us with a lot of facts that day

what i WILL say is that the top of st james' has been known to cause many panic attacks.......it's f***ing high up

I was fairly sure he said Europe, but I may still have been reeling from the revelation that Jackie Milburn could kick a ball HARDER than any man alive!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
There is DEFINITELY a list of them on wiki (well there was about a year ago).

I am sure I put the link on here too but can't find it in previous posts

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Apparently the stands at Selhurst are the furthest away from decent football in Europe.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
there's no way its higher than the back row at the nou camp surely?

Certainly doesn't look higher...

3512816581-05032011155621.jpg

Nou_Camp-Barcelona.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here