Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you use the term "tippy-tappy"...

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
You should be SHOT.

The phrase is "tiki-taka".

This is my number one completely irrationally infuriatingly irritating mistake.

"Tiki-taka ( commonly spelled tiqui-taca in Spanish; Spanish pronunciation: [ˈtiki ˈtaka] ) is a style of play in association football, characterised by metronomic short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession. The style is primarily associated with La Liga club FC Barcelona and the Spanish national team under managers Luis Aragonés and Vicente del Bosque. It is an evolution of the Total Football tactics deployed by teams like FC Barcelona and Ajax in the past."

Please never in real-life describe Albion's football style as "tippy-tappy" it makes us sound like a bunch of benders - cheers! :bigwave:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
200835d1300500809-i-quit-console-gaming-cool_dog_hey_cool_story_bro41_oh_crap_moments-s400x400-96811-535.jpg

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I love the way Gus has got us playing tippy tappy

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
You're actually posting memes on NSC? Errrr... you realise NSC isn't 4chan... take your Americanised brainless nonsense elsewhere, friend.

322-bad-story-bro.jpg

Sorry, you were asking for that one :jester:

tiqui-taca - WordReference Forums

Puedo preguntar os qué significa la palabra tiqui-taca?

Iniesta defendió el estilo con el que España está cerca de certificar su pase a la Eurocopa 2008. "La selección siempre ha intentado mantener el estilo de tener el balón, por las características de jugadores nos puede llevar a ganar cosas. Pero más allá del 'tiqui taca' lo que hay que hacer es ganar para estar en la Eurocopa", concluyó.

tiqui taca = tener el balón?
Gracias

"Tiqui taca" es una expresión que utilizaba mucho un comentarista famoso aquí en españa cuando comentaba los partidos. Puedes darle muchos significados, creo que cuando lo dice se refiere al juego del balón, es decir, a las jugadas, movimientos, posesion del balón, etc...

Espera a más contestaciones de otros usuarios, ellos seguro que tienen acepciones mejores que la mia =)

Saludos

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Oooh yes, boys, let's all play tippy tappy with each others balls, I'll have a quick touch then you can have one back, then we'll give balls to Liam to hold on to :safeway:

See what I mean.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Iniesta defendió el estilo con el que España está cerca de certificar su pase a la Eurocopa 2008. "La selección siempre ha intentado mantener el estilo de tener el balón, por las características de jugadores nos puede llevar a ganar cosas. Pero más allá del 'tiqui taca' lo que hay que hacer es ganar para estar en la Eurocopa", concluyó.

Gracias

"Tiqui taca" es una expresión que utilizaba mucho un comentarista famoso aquí en españa cuando comentaba los partidos. Puedes darle muchos significados, creo que cuando lo dice se refiere al juego del balón, es decir, a las jugadas, movimientos, posesion del balón, etc...

Espera a más contestaciones de otros usuarios, ellos seguro que tienen acepciones mejores que la mia =)

Saludos

Care to have this conversation in Danish? Saves overuse of Google Translate

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Oooh yes, boys, let's all play tippy tappy with each others balls, I'll have a quick touch then you can have one back, then we'll give balls to Liam to hold on to :safeway:

See what I mean.

No not really.
they play tippy tappy with one ball, not each others balls :shrug:

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
No not really.
they play tippy tappy with one ball, not each others balls :shrug:

Well, technically if I play a ball to you - or several balls over the course of a game - you'd describe my passes to you as my 'balls'. But I think we're getting sidetracked..

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

Gracias

Saludos

What the f*** are you on about, assume your trying to show off you can read Spanish i suppose ? and waiting for one of us to ask for a translation ?

Care to have this conversation in Danish? Saves overuse of Google Translate
Sure.

Jeg vil gerne spørge Dem, hvad var meningen med ordet tiqui TACA-rederierne?

Iniesta forsvaret stil, som Spanien er tæt på at attestere deres videregive til 2008 europæiske cup. »Valget har altid forsøgt at opretholde stil med under KUGLEN, af de kendetegn for aktører kan føre os til at vinde ting.

Men ud over de »tiqui TACA« det, der er at gøre, er Win til at være i mesterskabet," Han sluttede.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here