Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£2 Booking Fee Part III

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
My understanding is that a royalty is charged on ALL online transactions; credit card charges are charged on all transactions paid for by credit card. As to the sum or percentage of the royalty, I am not privvy to that information (but understand that overall the club do subsidise this figure, as they do credit card payments made in store, and overall make a loss when all costs are taken into account). I have passed on your comments, but if you're still not happy I would suggest you put this in writing via the usual channels, quoting name, fan number etc. - The Insider

Again, cannot reply, so have quoted you again. This will probably be the last one. (Thank f*** for that I hear you say!!:blush:)

Right, as you know, I think the club are out of order charging this £2 fee online (would have no problem with it if it was offline)
, and really I think its beneath the club and what it stands for, and is nothing but a stealth revenue raising exercise. With this in mind, can you explain why when the ticket details originally went up on the website for the Liverpool game, someone made the point of pointing out, those who objected to the £2 could go to the ticket office in person and avoid it.

But when in fact inside the ticket office, you are told you cannot buy the Liverpool tickets online until the following Monday? When asked why... normal club policy. So in other words, you have to pay the £2 fee to secure your ticket! How is that fair, and why not just charge an extra £2 a ticket in that case? I do note that this information was subsequently taken down, but it is quite obvious no one at the club is clear on the ticketing information, if this misinformation is still being quoted.

I was also informed that my reserved season ticket would not be on general sale until the 12th (or may have been 13th) of September, yet a friend has been told all unclaim/sold season tickets are released for sale when the tickets go on general sale (which was the 5th..... so what is it? It does still seem that not everyone at the club, or indeed in the ticket office, knows what the clubs official policies are, so could you perhaps get us the definite answer, as to when reserved season tickets, are no longer reserved for cup games.

With regards your comment about putting it in writing, well as the club admin, seem incapable of responding to emails, and that is from personal experience and from a lot of comments on the main board, then I see little point in doing this,

It is also quite funny to note that the seagull travel service seem to only charge when booking are made in person (which makes perfect sense), and not for automated booking, the complete opposite to the ticket line.... maybe whoever set that deal up, should have been put in charge of the match ticket site!!!:lolol:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Sorry but your friend is totally wrong, season ticket holders had until 12th September to secure their seat as follows - and tickets go on general sale TODAY (to those with 60 LP or more).

Season ticket holders had the following options:
ONLINE ONLY - 31st August - 5th September
ALL METHODS - 5th September - 12th September

So if you had wanted to avoid the booking fee, you could buy over the counter between 5th and 12th September.

I have explained the £2 booking fee - and your comments above are completely wrong, it is not a "stealth revenue raising exercise" - when all costs are taking into account, the club still subsidises the overall costs associated with the online/phone transactions as opposed to over-the-counter transactions. If you don't wish to accept this, or if you still have any concerns regarding this I suggest you put them in writing to:

Ken Brown
Managing Director
Brighton & Hove Albion
The American Express Community Stadium
Village Way
Brighton BN1 9BL

If you cc me I will ensure you get a response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here