How moderating works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've had a few PMs concerning moderating and the belief that nothing had been done to a user who has been particularly abusive or similarly disruptive to the community,so I wanted to clarify something...

A short while ago we started to use vBulletin's infraction system. This allows a moderator to give a warning to a user who is being anti-social. There are different strengths of warning based on set criteria, and each gives the user a number of points. The system is very similar to driving penalties - at a certain points level, that can be achieved through a number of minor offences, a ban is automatically imposed.

When infra Fiona happen the matter stays between the moderator and the user - nothing is published in public and nothing appears in our moderating decisions forum. So don't assume because there is nothing visible on NSC that no action has been taken - it might well have been. So far the infraction system seems to be working well and there are few repeat offenders.

Moderators retain the ability to impose an immediate and permanent bam if they deem it is required as it typically is for spammers for example.

The various parameters of the infraction system are still being tweaked, but they will be published soon in order that all NSC members have an opportunity to provide feedback, and also knows how rules are being enforced.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Due to this system being used a lot by us Moderators, I feel it is good for all to be reminded as to how it all works.

but it doesn't work as you are still banning people. If moderating worked there would be no need for moderaters as a site would be moderated, you strive for your own redundancy.

Yea I am in a funny mood.:)

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
but it doesn't work as you are still banning people. If moderating worked there would be no need for moderaters as a site would be moderated, you strive for your own redundancy.

Yea I am in a funny mood.:)

And I to am in a funny mood.......see you in 3 months :wave: :kiss:

Well if a murderer murdered more than once they would be serial killers. Your like a Cyber Ted Bundy burrying the bodies in the electronic basement of the moderating decisions forum.

so your serial mods, a bit like snap, crackle and pop.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It works in an ex-ante way because there is relatively little to ban given the extent of traffic.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Well if a murderer murdered more than once they would be serial killers. Your like a Cyber Ted Bundy burrying the bodies in the electronic basement of the moderating decisions forum.

so your serial mods, a bit like snap, crackle and pop.

Pedant alert. Doesn't a murderer have to murder 3 people before being classed as a serial killer ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here