Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Season Card / Travel Voucher wallet

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
RIGHT:rolleyes: I know this got ridiculed last time , but with the horrible weather turning up and my travel voucher book already looking tatty a possible idea to keep both the card and the book actually lasting the season.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was talking to Roger French yesterday, and when we were talking about the Albion and travel, he said that when Brighton and Hove Buses have fully intergrated their ticket machine card readers with Southern Rail, that we'll be able to use the season ticket smart card for travel to and from the Amex. Next season, obviously, but thats that

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
You carry the whole travel voucher book around with you? I leave it in my drawer and remove the voucher I need on the day of the game

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Though a little seagulled up oyster card style plastic wallet for your smartcard would be nice. For 18000 would cost about 30p each so seems shame not to include them, can also have an advertising space on inside and they'd cover all costs (how many times have you got out your season ticket just to look at it?)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I was talking to Roger French yesterday, and when we were talking about the Albion and travel, he said that when Brighton and Hove Buses have fully intergrated their ticket machine card readers with Southern Rail, that we'll be able to use the season ticket smart card for travel to and from the Amex. Next season, obviously, but thats that

So is Brighton and Hove going to be going down the Oyster Card style route?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
So is Brighton and Hove going to be going down the Oyster Card style route?

Yep, almost exactly that. You'll be able to log in online and purchase day/week/month savers which become active on your smartcard straight away and just need to hold them over the card reader, like the OAPs do at the moment, and you're on. I think, but don't quote me on this, that will come early next year or late this year because their initial rollout plan is to allow people to use the cards like our Season Ticket cards so you can pre-load credit and then when you get on the bus you'll be able to buy a saver/single or whatever using the credit on your card. I might have got it the wrong way around, but that was what mr French was saying.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yep, almost exactly that. You'll be able to log in online and purchase day/week/month savers which become active on your smartcard straight away and just need to hold them over the card reader, like the OAPs do at the moment, and you're on. I think, but don't quote me on this, that will come early next year or late this year because their initial rollout plan is to allow people to use the cards like our Season Ticket cards so you can pre-load credit and then when you get on the bus you'll be able to buy a saver/single or whatever using the credit on your card. I might have got it the wrong way around, but that was what mr French was saying.

Thats pretty good. And presumably the Amex S/T's will work on the bus and train like they do at the ground when travel has been pre-loaded?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Thats pretty good. And presumably the Amex S/T's will work on the bus and train like they do at the ground when travel has been pre-loaded?

I specifically asked about that, and that is the intention (the intention is for the cards to work with Southern Rail too), but they're not sure how quickly that will happen, it won't be before next season at the earliest.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here