Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOD: How much do you believe in him?

How much do you believe in GOD?

• I KNOW he exists for a FACT

Votes: 34 7.1%
  • I cannot be certain, but strongly BELIEVE he exists and live my life on that basis

Votes: 44 9.2%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to believe he exists

Votes: 37 7.8%
  • There is a 50:50 chance of his existence

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I am UNCERTAIN, but an inclined to be skeptical

Votes: 28 5.9%
  • I cannot be certain, but think his existence is highly improbable, and live my life on that basis

Votes: 145 30.4%
  • God does NOT exist, FACT

Votes: 182 38.2%

• Total voters

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Is he for you the guvnor up in the sky, or is it just a load of old baloney?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Just can't get my head around why people believe in "Him". Apart from those with a vested interest...

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Of course there is no god, I really find it hard to believe people are so easily brainwashed into thinking god exists

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just read The God Delusion, and am now a raving atheist.

I do believe in miracles however, but the only one I saw was down to Steve Gritt.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This is what happens when we have an Albion free weekend isn`t it El Pes.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Is he for you the guvnor up in the sky, or is it just a load of old baloney?

Religion was created as a form of control of the masses through the use of fear, and has relied on ignorance for it to be effective .It seams the last strongholds for this form of control are America, Iraq, Iran etc , but most communities have accepted that Darwin was in fact right.:smile:

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I think Mr Mod is trying to drum up some business, he's obviously not had enough hot banning action recently.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Religion was created as a form of control of the masses through the use of fear, and has relied on ignorance for it to be effective .It seams the last strongholds for this form of control are America, Iraq, Iran etc , but most communities have accepted that Darwin was in fact right.

I'm with you 100%, but have just seen the Governor of Texas describe Darwinism as 'a theory' and apparently only 8% of Yanks do not believe in the possibility of 'intelligent design' (i.e. God created Anne Widdicombe and WASPS on purpose).

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I really find it hard to believe people are so easily brainwashed into thinking god exists

not that hard to believe, there are people who think that 9/11 was caused by missles disguised by holograms and believe the world is flat, an idea not held seriously by anyone educated since about 300BC. rather in common with the concept of a benevolent, supreme god, which was soundly dismissed by Epicurus around that time.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is what happens when we have an Albion free weekend isn`t it El Pes.

True Questions, I am worried if (and it is a big if as we know) the Albion go up another level and we have lots of matches on Sundays and Mondays. Saturdays without football is like turkey without gravy.

To make matters worse I am currently at work and VERY bored in my lunchbreak too to be honest.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
God can F&ck off she is a whore and i know i will not be punished,why should i,with free will-i may come back next term,or move on,i have much to achieve and notg to live for,we are all dead,so make the mhinost of it-i love life but if ends tomorrow so be it,it's not the end-i prefer to exchange the word GOD with LIFE....

Edit- Gold wishes to merely emphasize the fact that God is not judgemental,answers throughout the ages,to those that listen,that he will answer before you have asked-bears no responsibility for earthquakes,starvation or any other natural/man made affairs-KARMA-be good and good will return,have faith and treat others as you wish to be treated-always keep an open mind and act with humility and compassion-treat materialistic goods as a,extra,not a need,need nothing in fact and above all else-stand you ground,however,if your time is up,then go without fear.

Last edited:

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Just read The God Delusion, and am now a raving atheist.

I do believe in miracles however, but the only one I saw was down to Steve Gritt.

That is a great book. If you want a GREAT read and yet some extremely dry chortles along the way - I highly recommend God Is Not Great by Christopher Hitchens. His spoken word audio version is even better. The man is a sardonic legend.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
God is the biggest load of bollocks ever,most religious people will tell you people where created by god but animals and insects weren't:annoyed:

Seriously brain washed shite

evolution is the way the world started

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Of course there is no god, I really find it hard to believe people are so easily brainwashed into thinking god exists

never go to church,don't believe in religion,although Buddhism is a balanced example-nope,brainwashed or not,if you look,listen and marvel at the whole,and see the beauty in it all good and bad,and,don't look for selfish reasons,but be selfless then you will see-

even a stupid animal(to some)let's say a sheep,does in fact have a soul,a meaning,similarities to use-still this is boring shyte-lets talk drugs,sex,and rock and roll-

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
God is the biggest load of bollocks ever,most religious people will tell you people where created by god but animals and insects weren't:annoyed:

Seriously brain washed shite

evolution is the way the world started

Agree but was the mechanism with which it can exist-the big bang? well in the realm of the relative,here on earth-millions of years and only once(from what i ask?),the absolute? where we go during sleep(dreams) & (death)-the mere blink of an eye-call it the "heart beat" of God

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here