Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worthing

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Having been living in Dubai for the last year and a half, and having just been home for a holiday to the UK and seeing three games at the AMEX, I decided to flick my CV out and see the reaction I got. Turned out was very positive and now have a job offer in Worthing.

I need to find somewhere to live and I wanted to know if anyone on here has a good idea where I can rent an apartment (1 bed suitable) and where the best areas are in Worthing to do so and where to avoid..

Your help is appreciated! Thanks

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mate, I fail to see the postive news about a job offer in Worthing. Get a place in Brighton or Hove actually & commute.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Mate, I fail to see the postive news about a job offer in Worthing. Get a place in Brighton or Hove actually & commute.

I think its in the prospect of being able to move back to the UK. the fact that the job is in Worthing means he will be "working" in Worthing, not out and about enjoying what the town has or hasn't to offer.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I work in Worthing (or rather Goring) and would really not prefer to live there...having said that if it did have to live there I would probably go North Worthing or even very West on the seafront in the new development near Sea Lane....but that about it...I live in Shoreham...far preferable :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anywhere within about a mile of Worthing Central station is not too bad. Still some good pubs (Selden, Swan, H&H ) quaint cinema, nice quiet pier, some surprisingly good resturants, cheaper/easier car parking and considerably less rotting rubbish strewn about than Brighton.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
How old are you? If you're young then get somewhere fairly central or near one of the five train stations this great town has to offer!! It will make getting into town or Brighton a lot easier.

Nice areas: West Worthing, Goring, Ferring (but old), Offington, High Salvington, Findon Valley

No such thing as bad areas but I would personally avoid East Worthing, Lower Salvington, Durrington and Maybridge

If when you find somewhere you want to check the road is okay then pm me and I will let you know.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
We live in Tarring/West Worthing area, which is fine and there are plenty of other areas with good travel links, useful shops, decent-ish pubs and restaurants. Lots more interesting things happening in the town these days, too, with the On Location Film Festival, the 2011 Worthing Comedy Festival and more. Depends what you're looking for.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Brighton and Hove is just to expensive. Its cheeper for me to live in Worthing and commute via train than rent in Brighton or Hove.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
People knock it but compared to hundreds of places in th UK it is head and shoulders above . Fantastic for eating out , low crime , good pubs , good schools . I would not hesitate in moving back if work dictated . Avoid maybridge , east worthing and rowlands road . Some of durrington ok . Tarring , broadwater and north of central station best .

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I used to work in Broadwater and have a little soft spot for the area. Couple of decent pubs (eg; Cricketers) and restaurants and easy walking distance to town.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Wow, moving back to God's own county because of the experience of seeing the mighty Seagulls at the Amex. On reflection, only natural I suppose but good on yer nevertheless!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nice areas: West Worthing, Goring, Ferring (but old), Offington, High Salvington, Findon Valley

No such thing as bad areas but I would personally avoid East Worthing, Lower Salvington, Durrington and Maybridge

If when you find somewhere you want to check the road is okay then pm me and I will let you know.

I was born and bred in Worthjing that is only a snobbery name given to Durrington near the school /Cotswold Road area by estate agents in recent years to try to sell property.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Do you drive, [MENTION=545]John Dorian[/MENTION]?

Might have some bearing on the best area to go to.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Having been living in Dubai for the last year and a half, and having just been home for a holiday to the UK and seeing three games at the AMEX, I decided to flick my CV out and see the reaction I got. Turned out was very positive and now have a job offer in Worthing.

I need to find somewhere to live and I wanted to know if anyone on here has a good idea where I can rent an apartment (1 bed suitable) and where the best areas are in Worthing to do so and where to avoid..

Your help is appreciated! Thanks

It all depends upon your age and budget but I have to say that Shoreham ranks along with areas of Worthing to be considered. If however you are 'older' then I can certainly say that Ferring and West Worthing are AOK but probably less so if you are looking for a night life.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here