Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
I had an idea to help raise PAFC's profile during our televised games. I've been a STH for over 20 years, I remember Fans United and Plymouth's role in that and I would like to return the favour. I'll be going on 24 September, but thought we should try and take advantage of our televised games to increase coverage of their plight.

At the least, I feel we should have banners placed around the ground, in support of PAFC, they could line the entire West Stand tiers and the back of the North Stand etc during both the televised games.

What about a 'Green' day on Friday 23 September? Everyone could wear green, bring green flags if possible, sing songs for Plymouth, anything that will be noticed on TV, perhaps even Leeds would participate in this. As it is the day before Fans Reunited, it will highlight the event too.

Someone else will probably have better ideas than these, but I just feel that I want to do something more to help....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Good idea. I sadly will be out of the country but back in the small hours of Saturday and going to Plymouth. The club needs the attention to keep them from going under. I personally feel we should do all we can to have their plight recognised. I actually feel we owe it to them. And all 92 clubs should be made aware of the day.

Fans United we'll never be defeated!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Leeds will be up for it, I'm sure.......they too have been shafted by Risdale.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
All for helping and have previously donated. Like the idea but not at our game. Prefer to see the Amex bursting with blue and white

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
maybe an alternating chant of Al-BI-ON AR-GY-LE would be good ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Buy an Albion away shirt to wear on the 23rd - its green and black. :thumbsup:

The Gold Stone

Sep 26, 2010
Great, I'm so glad others are up for this as well. Great idea to wear the away shirt if someone's not up for wearing green.

Some of the easier ways to let people know about this would be on here, twitter, facebook, on the Leeds fan's site. I was also wondering whether the Argus would do something if we asked, definitely worth a try. And would the club print something in the programme or announce it on the tanoy at the Liverpool game if asked?

I did wonder whether it would be worth having leaflets made up, to let people know about PAFC, the green day and the fans reunited days, but would need 22,000 odd leaflets which wouldn't be a simple task!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
*** sticky this thread ***

great idea and i'm all for it . need a fb page and contact the Argus for this as well .

make thread a sticky

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
What would the rules be on having a whip round/collection buckets at the Leeds game? With 20k + attending surely we could raise a few quid for them!

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
how about green/white scarfes - a bit like the Man Utd Glazer protest

would make a very easy visual statement en masse. i'd buy one for a few quid before game.

any entrepreneurs on here who care to supply?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Hells Bells has tweeted;

"Anyone remember FansUnited day @ Goldstone ground? Brighton fans are helping to organise fans(re)united day at Plymouth Argyle 24th Sept."

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here