Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagullinho signs Vicente!

easy

Aug 19, 2011
East Stand: H Block
This has been borrowed from another thread, It deserves it's own!

right, just got back from work. this is my 2nd Nsc post. My 1st was on here earlier about the best day at work ever! I've been a fan since I can remember, my Dad used to take me to the Goldstone as a kid, done the Withdean, loving Amex life etc etc. So for this to happen to an Albion fan is amazing.I work at Lgw (gatwick airport).The time was around 1.30pm. I was securing the sky when I spot a non football supervisor running towards me. He says " you know football don`t you?" "yep " I reply, how can I help? he tells me he`s got a contract handed to him outside central search by some football club and he`s got to run it to the gate to get it signed before the player gets on the plane. "who is it I ask?" "eeeerrrrr????? someone called Vincente" says this non football supervisor. At this point I don't quite remember what I said? something like go go go go fekin go!!! I find myself sprinting off with the supervisor up and over the link bridge towards gate 102 to the easyjet Valencia flight. As we get to the bottom of the link bridge escalator my supervisor says "do you know what he looks like?" "damn right I do!!" and I see his agent to pacing up and down on his mobile with the legend Vicente sitting waiting for his contract to arrive at the gate. I introduced myself in the little Spanish I know( just enough to tell him what we had and what was going on) I then had to explain he had to sign on each line marked with an X. As I'm watching this immense player signing the contract for the Albion, the agent says to me " where is the payment section?" I point it out for him (sadly, I didn't see how much he will earn) "thanks" says the agent "no probs" I say. then I ask for a picture with the legend Vicente, he poses with me, and off and away we sprint to handover the signed contract back to the suits outside central search. What an incredible day! Without doubt one of the greatest moments of my life!! that's how it went down at lgw today. picture to follow.

so here is the picture. what a day, what a deal.
attachment.php

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Seagullinho has just become an NSC legend..... even maybe an Albion legend. Imagine if the contract hadn't got to Vicente in time!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
WOW!
I did read this but you're right easy, definatelty deserved it's own thread.
Makes you wonder then? According to a lot of other posters who reckon he was signing at a particular moment inside the amex and posting on it, so it never happened at the club? It seems fair to say that the terms of the contract were agreed late in the day hence and probably rushed off to the legal team to draw up with limited time available.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Jesus, I thought this was going to be a gag and was reading it. waiting for the punchline.... :blush:

:bowdown:

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
lol great story, is this going to be on that dodgy easyjet programme on the telly or do they only show passengers p***** off at missing flight

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I'm only worried because the club in official release said he "signed at the Amex today". All we have is a picture of a guy who works at Gatwick stood with him. If I worked at Gatwick and saw him I'd ask for a picture! I wouldn't necessarily tell everyone this story though. Hope I'm wrong.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
brilliant story!

although, 'I was securing the sky'....closely followed by 'I find myself sprinting off' is a bit worrying! ;)

seagullinho

Jun 7, 2011
Morning all. I'm so happy that someone took the time out to make this a thread. Thank you easy.Just for peace of mind, my security position was not left unattended so the sky was safe at all times! Lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here