Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we losing something?

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
Right here goes...

I'm a bit worried that I'm falling out of love with the Albion. I've followed them for 20 years or so, through the end of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, all that. During this time, I've watched other clubs with their new stadia, higher ticket prices, impersonal relationships with fans etc. etc. and liked the fact that we weren't doing that.

And now I've got this horrible feeling that we are losing something as we take these massive strides forward. I can't shake this feeling that i just don't feel part of it - for example, I've got 10 loyalty points so how the hell am I going to get a home ticket?

Nature of the beast I suppose - if you don't move forward you die in this game and we nearly did the latter so I'll take the former anyday. Suppose the way I support them is changing? No more Tuesday nights on a terrace for 10 notes, which for me is a shame.

Just me?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We're all different. I've followed the team all my life, and have never loved it more than I do now.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
The club has made massive strides forward in recent years.. You have been left in the past it seems. Welcome to modern football, its big business now, not the little tin pot club it used to be.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Not at all. Just got to learn to embrace it though. I prefer to think of it for paying to watch quality. A tenner to watch Hartlepool or 25 quid to watch Leeds?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Right here goes...

I'm a bit worried that I'm falling out of love with the Albion. I've followed them for 20 years or so, through the end of the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean, all that. During this time, I've watched other clubs with their new stadia, higher ticket prices, impersonal relationships with fans etc. etc. and liked the fact that we weren't doing that.

And now I've got this horrible feeling that we are losing something as we take these massive strides forward. I can't shake this feeling that i just don't feel part of it - for example, I've got 10 loyalty points so how the hell am I going to get a home ticket?

Nature of the beast I suppose - if you don't move forward you die in this game and we nearly did the latter so I'll take the former anyday. Suppose the way I support them is changing? No more Tuesday nights on a terrace for 10 notes, which for me is a shame.

Just me?

You're mental.

Also, when did you last watch the Albion on a terrace for £10? You're stuck in the past.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The loyalty points have nothing to do with home tickets so I'm afraid that's a bit of a crap example.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
i still wake up and the first thing I do is check the website for updates and then NSC for updates and the Word Game (!) then I roll over and give the wife a kiss. For me, its just getting better and better

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
So you can't get a ticket for Liverpool? Maybe!

It was no different at Withdean or even the Goldstone in later years. If you want to be sure of going to big matches, get a season ticket. This is the first season in 24 years i have got one and I'm glad I did, especially after missing out on cup tickets before.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Brighton excite me on a daily basis, more than ever before

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Right here goes...

Just me?

Nope, I am with you on this. I am loving the shiny new Albion, but I dont think it will ever be like it was before. Fans close to the players and management - it felt like we were part of the club and not just its customers.

But that said, you have to move with the times, and I love every moment of things at the minute - however, i will miss the way things were before as well.

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
You're mental.

Also, when did you last watch the Albion on a terrace for £10? You're stuck in the past.

Hereford away couple of years ago. Might have been a bit more than a tenner but you get the point.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Right here goes...

Just me?

Football is 100% different now, fullstop. I for one was always dead set against all-seater stadiums, I very rarely sat at The Goldstone, never at Gillingham etc but you know, actually for me having a season ticket for a seat at The Amex is magical and certainly makes me feel part of The Albion. My season tickets at The Withdean felt like I was simply helping out the Albion, now it's the other way around! I don't think I've ever felt more optimism for the club than now. Bathy, I kinda get where you are coming from - the days when you could just turn up etc, but this is sooo much better, mate. Also, you can still pretty much go to 80% of the away games this season - the majority won't sell out. With that in mind, go watch the Albion away from home, get a few loyalty points for it, and believe me some of the football we play will blow your mind. It's brilliant.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
As a non ST holder, I've managed to get tickets to all of the home and away matches that I have been able to make so far. Don't know what your problem is, or is it that you just haven't tried?

As long as you get in early enough I really don't think you, or I, will have any problems getting tickets for home games, with the possible exception of Palace, Leeds, Liverpool etc. Or the majority of away games, for that matter.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here