Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unreadable Heritage Stones

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Hello all!

I apologise in advance that my first post is a bit of a gripe, but I hope that you'll let it pass.

Having purchased two of the Heritage Stones some time ago, I took my father to show him his (it was a birthday gift) and was very disappointed to say the least. Due to the lack of contrast between the natural colour of the stones and the blue that has been used for the inscriptons, they are rendered virtually unreadable. Considering they are supposed to be present for the 'lifetime' of the stadium, I would be surprised if they were visible at all by the end of the first season!

I spoke to many others at the site and it was a concern shared by all who had purchased (at no inconsiderable expense) one or more of the stones.

I have sent an e-mail to the club in the hope of being given a contact who may be able to address the issue - I feel sure that a simple remedy could be found.

What I would like is to collect a list of purchasers who would be willing to add their voice to my complaint - strength in numbers, and all that.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from anyone who shares the same concern in the near future.

Cheers!

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
I'd second that - on behalf of Seagulls Down Under. On the day I looked for theirs it was raining and even more difficult to see. I ended up using the map to locate it.

Didn't buy one myself but do agree with you, I walked past them twice without noticing they were there until someone pointed them out.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Bought my dad one and already complained to the club who said they would get back to me and never did.

Add my name for sure.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Hello all!

I apologise in advance that my first post is a bit of a gripe, but I hope that you'll let it pass.

Having purchased two of the Heritage Stones some time ago, I took my father to show him his (it was a birthday gift) and was very disappointed to say the least. Due to the lack of contrast between the natural colour of the stones and the blue that has been used for the inscriptons, they are rendered virtually unreadable. Considering they are supposed to be present for the 'lifetime' of the stadium, I would be surprised if they were visible at all by the end of the first season!

I spoke to many others at the site and it was a concern shared by all who had purchased (at no inconsiderable expense) one or more of the stones.

I have sent an e-mail to the club in the hope of being given a contact who may be able to address the issue - I feel sure that a simple remedy could be found.

What I would like is to collect a list of purchasers who would be willing to add their voice to my complaint - strength in numbers, and all that.

Thanks for your time and I hope to hear from anyone who shares the same concern in the near future.

Cheers!

You can add my name if you want, I was a bit disappointed. Will pm you my details, good luck.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Got one and also very disappointed with end product. Difficult to read and some seem brighter than others.
Certainly don't represent value for money and their lifespan is surely limited.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Mine is just legible but I would be very unhappy if it was one of the ones that wasn't. I'm sure it's low on the clubs list of priorities at the moment but i'm sure they will sort it.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Mine is just legible but I would be very unhappy if it was one of the ones that wasn't. I'm sure it's low on the clubs list of priorities at the moment but i'm sure they will sort it.

I agree but i have always been a believer that if a job is worth doing its worth doing properly. You should not do things to this standard esp when people pay good money for it also its very poor form by the club.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Hey!! Thank you for your prompt messages of support - just what I had hoped for! As pointed out by 'magoo', this is clearly (and understandably, given the club's current momentum) down the list of priorities, but with a loud enough voice I am confident that the club will rectify matters as soon as possible.

Once again, many thanks and keep your comments/suggestions and details coming, and I will keep you posted.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Mine is legible, but i doubt it will remain so for long. Looking at them yesterday, there were two (not mine) that covered a drain hole cover.............I would be seriously miffed if they were mine.

At the very least they should be made clearer, or better still made clearer and moved to a wall (cos in time they will be scuffed etc)

Good luck

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You can add me to your list... we have one of the darker stones... and the blue is pretty much impossible to read.

Very disappointing considering the way they were advertised and the cost. :nono:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Well, it goes to show the level of disappointment here. Thanks to you that have added your names to the list - and extra thanks to Titanic for moving this thread from 'ask the club'......it seems to be 'closed' for a while!

In the interests of privacy/safety, it would be better if you would all add your Certificate No.'s to your posts, rather than send me your names/addresses (but thanks to those that have),* as your details will be easily found via the aforementioned Cert. No. This will undoubtedly assist in prompting some kind of remedial action, as they can clearly see that the grievances stated are made by genuine purchasers. That's not to say that messages of support from those who are not are not welcomed - far from it!

So, I shall start by posting mine: Cert. No.'s 1580 and 1490

Feel free to join in.

*Just in case there are any oddballs/nutters here, excluding myself, of course. :)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here