Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wrexham sign two strikers...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Chris Armstrong has finally signed a two-year contract with Wrexham after a 12-year absence from the Racecourse Ground.

The 32-year-old striker has spent time with Millwall, Crystal Palace, Tottenham and Bolton in his time away, accumulating fees in excess of £5.5million in the process.

He completed the formalities of his return to Wrexham after successfully passing his medical.

Armstrong's arrival comes just 24 hours after the Dragons completed the signing of former Norwich forward Chris Llewellyn.

Now i know they aren't the greatest strikers around on gods green earth but they'll certainly do a job in this division, isn't it about time we got a move on with signing some strikers?

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Yes but how much did they get for Morrell, in order to bring these players in.

If BZ had gone early there is no doubt we would be very active in this market

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Andy Morrell [Wrexham - Coventry C] Free
According to the BBC website ???

Must have been out of contract.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Im quaking in my boots.

ZAMORA

Division 2 defenders should be pissing themselves.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Trigger said:
And if (god forbid) he gets injured Turkey?
We need new strikers!!!! :glare:

Bloody hell you do whinge Beardo.

Chill. :smokin:

Coppell has said he'll bring in a striker or two. I have faith in his ability.

We'll be fine. Start worrying about more important things. Like making sure you can go to the last few away games..

Dicktator Knight

Jul 7, 2003
when will you lot understand there is no money available to strength the team, ive spent it all on Falmer. The money they ask just to draw a few diagrams of the place, fvck knows where all the money's coming from to buit it! Never mind I'll be long gone by the time its thrown out by these lefties and what will you loy be left with, well not a lot! Ha ha, pass my my pipe and slippers dear. Oh hang on a minute its not my birthday is it? I was just telling the boys,well trying to anyway explain how I can't possibly provide any money for new players all the time you keep going on these shopping trips. It just isnt fair!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
But it's a buyers market isn't it? I reckon there'll be a lot more transfer activity in the last couple of weeks before kick-off (maybe not from Albion, but generally).

There are far more players available than jobs. So anyone who signs a player now will very likely be paying them a lot more than if they leave it to the last moment. By then, the reality will have dawned on a lot of players that this season they might have to learn what it's like to have a manager who really is a clown, and that their nice new kit will have a big yellow 'M' on it.

So, faced with burger-flipping or playing for the Albion for next-to-sod-all, Stevie C's bargaining power suddenly looks a lot stronger.

It means we don't get first pick, but this is only Div Two so there should be a fair few about who are good enough.

Whether the board should have more money's a different issue. The main thing is, we could hardly have a better boss to spend the little we have got wisely.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I expect one of the new strikers to be a loanee. Ither than that these players are still availbale on bosmans....

Peter Ndlovu
Wayne Allison
Jamie Cureton
Darren Eadie.

Thers loads more but i reckon these guys should be on the wanted list...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
But all with wages demads out of our reach :(

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I expect one of the new strikers to be a loanee. Ither than that these players are still availbale on bosmans....

Peter Ndlovu
Wayne Allison
Jamie Cureton
Darren Eadie.

Thers loads more but i reckon these guys should be on the wanted list...

Cureton gone :(

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
trueblue said:
But it's a buyers market isn't it? I reckon there'll be a lot more transfer activity in the last couple of weeks before kick-off (maybe not from Albion, but generally).

There are far more players available than jobs. So anyone who signs a player now will very likely be paying them a lot more than if they leave it to the last moment. By then, the reality will have dawned on a lot of players that this season they might have to learn what it's like to have a manager who really is a clown, and that their nice new kit will have a big yellow 'M' on it.

So, faced with burger-flipping or playing for the Albion for next-to-sod-all, Stevie C's bargaining power suddenly looks a lot stronger.

It means we don't get first pick, but this is only Div Two so there should be a fair few about who are good enough.

Whether the board should have more money's a different issue. The main thing is, we could hardly have a better boss to spend the little we have got wisely.
Didn't we say the same last sason about late activity mmm?:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
True. We did.

And we eventually got Rodger and Blackwell - 2 good examples of players who would never have been knocking around for free a few years back.

If we'd had Coppell when we should have had him, we probably wouldn't have wasted money on the more questionable signings.

It may be the case we have very little money and sign next to nobody. All I'm saying is, that's makes it even better business sense to wait to the last minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here