Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Things Bennetts Field Car Park - including club statement (merged threads)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Don't even get me started.....

Oh you have! It was WORSE than ever. I got in the car at 10.30 and the car didn't move until 11.30. Got back in Worthing after midnight. And tonight there wasn't even a steward in sight.

The whole thing is a complete joke. Not that I intend to but I would be totally embarrassed to take a corporate guest to that fiasco.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The P&R buses move off pretty quickly, jumping in ahead of the Bennetts Field queue.

Home in Portslade by 11.15. Works for me.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Route P bus was waiting there after the game, got a seat easily enough, filled up and left quickly, got home at 11. Dead easy.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Yes, for 1901.......all those personalised number plates playing chicken to get to the exit inside an hour

No need for that. There was a fair number of disabled supporters in there tonight and no one to help them get out. And anyway just because people have a bit of money doesn't mean it's funny to see them treated badly.

NorthStandN1A

Aug 1, 2011
Hove
Yes that looked like evryone was blocked in by the bus system. I rode home with a mate who parked at the Falmer gym car park, and it took us 20 minutes to get out, and as we passed the stadium the Bennetts Field car park looked full still with all the cars trying to leave. Seems like the whole area needs proper traffic policing!!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Is it called the 1901 car park because thats the time you will get home on a saturday?

Don't be ridiculous. It's the time that you can turn the engine on and start to enter the farce of getting out!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Yes that looked like evryone was blocked in by the bus system. I rode home with a mate who parked at the Falmer gym car park, and it took us 20 minutes to get out, and as we passed the stadium the Bennetts Field car park looked full still with all the cars trying to leave. Seems like the whole area needs proper traffic policing!!!!

And that is what is Sooooo frustrating. Cars from the gym/Uni and the the bottom car park just breeze out. I'm a reasonable guy but my patience is tested but what is clearly incompetence.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Must admit I was moderately surprised at all us plebs on buses getting waved through the exit nice and quick, swiftly and happily on our way, whilst the 1901-ers sit there in a stationary gridlock.

I'm guessing that probably wasn't in the brochure.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Needs some traffic police at the lights, or some more sensible phasing of the lights. It's like one of those frustrating rush hour temporary light set ups, where 95% of traffic is coming one direction, yet the phasing is still 50%. As a result you get 12,000 (my estimate, as it includes P&R buses), giving way for 1 Lewes resident returning from a night in Brighton.

No. The transport arrangements need to ensure that the many thousands of people travelling by bus and coach get out promptly - a lot of those buses have to return to the stadium to take a second or third load home.

Needs some traffic police at the lights, or some more sensible phasing of the lights. It's like one of those frustrating rush hour temporary light set ups, where 95% of traffic is coming one direction, yet the phasing is still 50%. As a result you get 12,000 (my estimate, as it includes P&R buses), giving way for 1 Lewes resident returning from a night in Brighton.
It was a condition of the Bennetts Field planning permission that the Club funded a re-design / re-build of the Village Way junction and a revised phasing of the traffic signals.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No. The transport arrangements need to ensure that the many thousands of people travelling by bus and coach get out promptly - a lot of those buses have to return to the stadium to take a second or third load home.

Very true. But how long are the 1901-ers going to put up with being held back for up to an hour to accomodate that ?
Parking at the stadium was supposed to be one of the main perks of 1901, but it looks like its turning out to be a complete pain in the 'arris. There's going to be some major grizzling...

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Don't even get me started.....

Oh you have! It was WORSE than ever. I got in the car at 10.30 and the car didn't move until 11.30. Got back in Worthing after midnight. And tonight there wasn't even a steward in sight.

The whole thing is a complete joke. Not that I intend to but I would be totally embarrassed to take a corporate guest to that fiasco.

I got in mine at 11.00 and was out at 11.10. Gotta agree that I wouldn't dream of taking a client (if I had any) given the current set up.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here