Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casper Ankergren

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Only because he is the only half decent option. He is a good shot stopper but he is definitely a liability, and fumbled at a few last night and in first few games too. His distribution on the whole is quite poor...takes ages to decide where to pass it and then messes it up completely...doesn't seem able to 'see' a pass either.

I'm not being overly critical, he is not a bad keeper, but I definitely think there needs to be another high quality keeper to challenge him.

If that isn't being over-critical.........................................................

Are you by any chance an egg-chaser at heart?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Met Casper and Brezo in the petrol station on the way home last night which tells you how long it took me to get out of the Uni car park! Had a great chat and exchanged a few jokes and both were top lads. Despite it being late and obviously them wanting to get home, both were happy to stop and chat and let others have their photos taken with them. Can't say enough about them other than you should of seen the amount of sweets, chocs and fizzy pop purchased!!!

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove
If that isn't being over-critical.........................................................

Are you by any chance an egg-chaser at heart?

Ha! No! What sticks out in my mind is from Saturday, Angerkren got possession, Vincelot sprinted up field into space, and it would have been 3 on 2...all Ankergren needed to do was distribute with a throw and we would have had a great chance of a counter attack...that was the moment that frustrated me most after he had kicked the ball into touch after having all the time in the world on several occasions.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Watch the first goal that Blackpool scored and maybe you will understand why there are still doubters. Once he starts coming for balls in his 6 yrd box and dealing with them i will stop being a one
He never going to though. His cross taking is unlikely to improve now. But the rest of his game more than makes up for that.

Sure the odd ball goes into touch, but he is a rock in that defence. In MArch last year (the month we as good as went up with 8 out of 8), he probably earned us more points than any other player with his performances.

If you doubt him, then I would guess no one would be good enough for you.

If he didn't have issues with crosses, he'd be playing in the premiershit. The same with Noone, if he had a right foot, he wouldn't still be here.

We are a championship club, newly up for the dreggs of league one. FFS who do you except in goal, Joe Hart?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Leaving his coaching role with the club to go back to Denmark and be Head Goalkeeping coach at Brondby. Congratulations Casper, the last pro I ever saw smoking a fag at half time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here