Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    I think he had a good game yesterday, a couple of guys behind me moaned when he punched away a shot in the first half but the save he made at the other end was quality. I also love it when he claims a cross and then falls to his knees and onto the ground, almost in slow motion.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Lethargy in motion Monsieur Le Plonk's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by murraymint View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      His ball playing and vision for a pass was excellent last night, barring a couple of chips into the crowd. He also made several key saves. He really is key to the way we pass it out from the back. Of course he is not perfect and I do still get worried over the odd cross in to the box, but he is easily good enough for the Championship and Brez is worthy back-up.
      Very happy with Casper and I think the guys in front of him have the confidence in him that is so key. Agree that he is fundamental to the way we play our game from the back but disagree that Brez is a worthy back-up. Afraid the poor lad needs to be replaced as the replacement.
      If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      he kept a clean sheet, thats all that matters.

0 Not allowed!
      I agree. I thought he had a fab game last night, but I do not say that too often. He fills me with dread with his faffing about and antics on crosses. he would be a good sub keeper though. I think we need a good solid ex premier goalie oldie in the vein of a Freidel or Tim Howard type. Dunk was extra special last night and I think El Abd may have to work for his position now.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I must admit i had a groan yesterday when he punched that shot away, however other than that he did well, i wouldnt swap him, i love him on the ball and wasa huge part of our success last year and will be again this year to.

Hopefully we can work on him coming for crosses and stop him flapping, then im sure noboday can have any doubts. I bet Leeds still wish they had him now, thats for sure.

0 Not allowed!
      On this thread, @Mr Burns speaks the truth, on both Casper and Peter.
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Calderon is the type of guy that if your daughter married, you would worry that she was not good enough for him.

0 Not allowed!
      Yes he's doing very well and his only major issue is his ability to deal with crosses. However we all know, despite his qualities, he is one howler away from a public lynching on here - such is a meek praise of a 'keeper that's done a terrific job for us recently.

Goalkeepers thrive on confidence and I'm pleased Gus has installed it in him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hove Seagull View Post
      The real problem is, what if he gets injured?
      I though he was towards the end of the first half, he did seem to be struggling with some sort of leg injury, it appears he was able to "run it off" though

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Burns View Post
      At least then the doubters will see his true worth to us.

I think if its one or two games, big Pete will play, any longer than that, I see a loan signing on the cards.
      Watch the first goal that Blackpool scored and maybe you will understand why there are still doubters. Once he starts coming for balls in his 6 yrd box and dealing with them i will stop being a one
      Best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass boy.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
      Yes he's doing very well and his only major issue is his ability to deal with crosses. However we all know, despite his qualities, he is one howler away from a public lynching on here - such is a meek praise of a 'keeper that's done a terrific job for us recently.

Goalkeepers thrive on confidence and I'm pleased Gus has installed it in him.
      One of the things I love about him is how completely unfazed he seems about any sort of abuse or pressure. He has a really cool head and never seems bothered by the opposition crowd when he's doing his 'time-wasting' antics with the ball at his feet.

I honestly don't think a lack of confidence would ever be an issue with him - which as you point out, is key for a good keeper.