Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Casper Ankergren

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Thought he was solid last night. One or two shots that could have been better dealt with (though one of them was moving wildly and understandably caught him off guard) but otherwise made some crucial saves to keep us in the game, especially in extra time. Also was his usual self with the ball at his feet, so important for Greer/Dunk/Bridders to be able to rely on him.

Looks like maybe Gus was right in that he is good enough for the Championship?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not many doubt he is.

Is main downfall is crosses, but as I've said many times before, if he was excellent at crosses, he'd be in the premiershit.

He's a class act, and theres not many keepers who can play with the ball at their feet, and to be on the Gus Bus a keepers needs this. Proved last night his worth. Surely now those who still can't let Crawleys number two go, can finally lay that ghost to rest.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
LOVE IT when he kicks it into touch usually after having fannied around

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At least then the doubters will see his true worth to us.

I think if its one or two games, big Pete will play, any longer than that, I see a loan signing on the cards.

Has to be. Pete fills me with no confidence at all. God knows how the defence must feel they are paid to play.

murraymint

Aug 13, 2008
His ball playing and vision for a pass was excellent last night, barring a couple of chips into the crowd. He also made several key saves. He really is key to the way we pass it out from the back. Of course he is not perfect and I do still get worried over the odd cross in to the box, but he is easily good enough for the Championship and Brez is worthy back-up.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I'm still not convinced by him, I dont think he is rubbish and I dont think we will honestly find anyone better

He is OK until he has to kick the ball in the air, where it then usually goes staight off the pitch. The continental punching still frustrates me, but he has calmed that down compared to last season

To me he is like a defender, only with gloves on

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
His ball playing and vision for a pass was excellent last night, barring a couple of chips into the crowd. He also made several key saves. He really is key to the way we pass it out from the back. Of course he is not perfect and I do still get worried over the odd cross in to the box, but he is easily good enough for the Championship and Brez is worthy back-up.

Iwish I could share your confidence in Brezovan, but, for me, he doesn't look up to it. Spurs friendly proved that

Zamoracomehome

Apr 12, 2010
Hove

Only because he is the only half decent option. He is a good shot stopper but he is definitely a liability, and fumbled at a few last night and in first few games too. His distribution on the whole is quite poor...takes ages to decide where to pass it and then messes it up completely...doesn't seem able to 'see' a pass either. I'm not being overly critical, he is not a bad keeper, but I definitely think there needs to be another high quality keeper to challenge him.

Freddo

May 14, 2006
Clapham
I think he had a good game yesterday, a couple of guys behind me moaned when he punched away a shot in the first half but the save he made at the other end was quality. I also love it when he claims a cross and then falls to his knees and onto the ground, almost in slow motion.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Very happy with Casper and I think the guys in front of him have the confidence in him that is so key. Agree that he is fundamental to the way we play our game from the back but disagree that Brez is a worthy back-up. Afraid the poor lad needs to be replaced as the replacement.

Wickerman

Aug 24, 2011
Horam
I agree. I thought he had a fab game last night, but I do not say that too often. He fills me with dread with his faffing about and antics on crosses. he would be a good sub keeper though. I think we need a good solid ex premier goalie oldie in the vein of a Freidel or Tim Howard type. Dunk was extra special last night and I think El Abd may have to work for his position now.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I must admit i had a groan yesterday when he punched that shot away, however other than that he did well, i wouldnt swap him, i love him on the ball and wasa huge part of our success last year and will be again this year to.

Hopefully we can work on him coming for crosses and stop him flapping, then im sure noboday can have any doubts. I bet Leeds still wish they had him now, thats for sure.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Yes he's doing very well and his only major issue is his ability to deal with crosses. However we all know, despite his qualities, he is one howler away from a public lynching on here - such is a meek praise of a 'keeper that's done a terrific job for us recently.

Goalkeepers thrive on confidence and I'm pleased Gus has installed it in him.

Laughing Gravy

I'm a ****
Jan 8, 2010
In my bungalow

I think if its one or two games, big Pete will play, any longer than that, I see a loan signing on the cards.

Watch the first goal that Blackpool scored and maybe you will understand why there are still doubters. Once he starts coming for balls in his 6 yrd box and dealing with them i will stop being a one

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Yes he's doing very well and his only major issue is his ability to deal with crosses. However we all know, despite his qualities, he is one howler away from a public lynching on here - such is a meek praise of a 'keeper that's done a terrific job for us recently.

Goalkeepers thrive on confidence and I'm pleased Gus has installed it in him.

One of the things I love about him is how completely unfazed he seems about any sort of abuse or pressure. He has a really cool head and never seems bothered by the opposition crowd when he's doing his 'time-wasting' antics with the ball at his feet.

I honestly don't think a lack of confidence would ever be an issue with him - which as you point out, is key for a good keeper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here