Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon DIVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
That one slow-mo replay from the east stand last night showed it perfectly. There was no contact whatsoever. He dived.

In full speed from most of the ground it looked a cast iron pen. But although Durso is a massive wally, he got that one absolutely spot on.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Haven't seen any replays but from where I was in the North it looked a stonewall penalty.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
From every angle EXCEPT the east, it looks a stone wall. But trust me, the replays I saw last night make it perfectly clear.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
From where I was - WSU down the other end - it looked like there was contact and a stonewall penalty. But as I pointed out to my mate, it was Calderon that went down, meaning however much of a pen it looked there is always a chance it was a dive!

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
They showed it on the big screens in the ground after the final whistle ... Unfortunately D'Urso got it right.

He got a whole lot more wrong though and remains a complete bellend.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I was fuming all second half when it was not given, I couldnt understand why. Then the replay came on the big screen (not sure if it was meant to as they cut it out rather quickly) and it was clear it was a dive in my opinion, and the yellow card was fully justified

I think the angle on the big screen was shot from the East Stand and was zommed right in on Calderons feet

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
Sausage in the North Stand saw it clear as day and...he dived. I joined in the raucous chorus of booing nonetheless.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Bloody heck! I have to say that in the cold light of day (i.e. minus my blue & white beer goggles), that replay Bof kindly posted shows that Calderon did actually take a dive. :glare:

Still, at least it gave us another opportunity to give D'Urso a load more grief. Every cloud... :thumbsup:

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I would say he tripped, at that speed he sort of tried to jump the keeper but fell instead. Not a yellow.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'd have thought that, having gone round the keeper, it's pretty unlikely he dived. Probably just slipped. Refs seen to assume it either has to be a penalty or cheating, rather than someone falling over.

Haven't seen it again yet though.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
im gobsmacked seeing that replay, right behind that in the North and to me was a stonewall pen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here