Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennetts Field Car Park - Sunderland Game

Hoops Seagull

Nov 17, 2008
Could you please confirm at what time people will be able to exit Bennetts Field Car Park after the Sunderland game on Tuesday night?

Having attended all of the games so far held at the Ammex, nothing seems to be being learnt about how to exit this car park, this includes the stewards and the lack of any system to ensure it is not a free for all - today tempers were begining to get very fraid and it concerns me as to what/where this could lead to. The situation is not helped when people cut across, block the lanes, do not go one for one to get out . the only stewards you can see are at the top of the car park holding everyone back and then you see cars being allowed to leave from the lower car park before the barrier is lifted in Bennetts Field. Why?

It appears that it makes no difference if you stay back after the final whistle has gone or if you go straight out - we have tried both and even staggered the time we leave - what is certain it is not getting any better.

Surely a filter system linked in with the park and ride could be an idea, while the buses are filling up filter some cars through. If the road, which is wide enough, was cordoned of at the halfway point of the road - i.e. pedestrians for the park and ride on one side thus leaving the other lane for Bennetts Field car park to filter in with the buses on the park and ride as they are full and due to leave.

Surely the experienced Supervisors and stewards from The Withdean, who manged the road closures and car parks could easily train up new stewards to manage this and thus lead to an orderly, dignified arrangement for supporters to leave after the game without time and tempers being stretched.

Your thoughts on these questions or any other possible solution please

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I'm afraid I don't manage transport or travel, so all I can do is pass on your comments to those who do.

With regard to the time BFCP opens for people to exit after the match, I refer you to this previous query.

Bennetts Field car park

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here