Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackpool *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Venue: The Amex Stadium
Kick Off: 15.00
Referee: Phil Gibbs

Will Buckley could make a quicker than expected return to the Brighton squad following his recovery from a hamstring injury. Kazenga Lua Lua remains a doubt having missed Brighton's last 3 fixtures. The signing of Ryan Harley will not be completed in time for him to be included in Saturday's squad.

Adam El-Abd and Tommy Elphick remain long term absentees.

Effervescent Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has no injury worries but may shake up his starting line up following Wednesday's home defeat to Derby.

Last season: No corresponding fixtures

Top scorers: 3 Ashley Barnes (Brighton), 2 Kevin Phillips (Blackpool)

My prediction? 3-1 Albion, CMS, Barnes and Buckley to score.

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
I agree 3-1 Albion. After Pompey second half when we did fantastic to hang onto the win, I thought Cardiff would be a struggle. Totally wrong. We have no one to fear at the moment. Come on you Seagulls, let's get above the SCC.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well make that a hat trick of 3-1's (defo no chance now!)

Will be interesting to see the starting line up, injuries allowing It'd be awesome to start with Noone Buckley CMS and Hoskins but reckon Barnes will get the nod and might be too much to start Buckley .. anyway will be interesting. We got our tails up and if Millwall can do us a favour the sight of us sitting proudly on top would be awesome

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Well make that a hat trick of 3-1's (defo no chance now!)

Will be interesting to see the starting line up, injuries allowing It'd be awesome to start with Noone Buckley CMS and Hoskins but reckon Barnes will get the nod and might be too much to start Buckley .. anyway will be interesting. We got our tails up and if Millwall can do us a favour the sight of us sitting proudly on top would be awesome

Buckley off the bench to score late on......

Sounds familiar.......

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Best of luck boys, last full day round the pool then back home on Monday morning.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
Venue: The Amex Stadium
Kick Off: 15.00
Referee: Phil Gibbs

Will Buckley could make a quicker than expected return to the Brighton squad following his recovery from a hamstring injury. Kazenga Lua Lua remains a doubt having missed Brighton's last 3 fixtures. The signing of Ryan Harley will not be completed in time for him to be included in Saturday's squad.

Adam El-Abd and Tommy Elphick remain long term absentees.

Effervescent Blackpool manager Ian Holloway has no injury worries but may shake up his starting line up following Wednesday's home defeat to Derby.

Last season: No corresponding fixtures

Top scorers: 3 Ashley Barnes (Brighton), 2 Kevin Phillips (Blackpool)

My prediction? 3-1 Albion, CMS, Barnes and Buckley to score.

According to Gus KLL is playing today

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
Reckon today will be about pace and width. Their team is full of experience but has fair share of oldies in it. We need lua lua, noon, and CMS to run them ragged. Should be good game I reckon, and after watching Albion on weds I don't think we should be too worried. Could be a goal fest if we play anything like at Cardiff. If Phillips starts I think they will score. 3-1 Albion would be my shout.

Uridium

May 30, 2011
Is it too early to leave for the game? *excited*

Hope we can nick another win, definitely got a good chance. Reckon Hoskins might score today.

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Sounds like Hoskins is out. He's posted on his twitter

Hosky_7 Will Hoskins
Disappointed to have a reaction after the game on wednesday. The goal has softened the blow abit. I'm gonna get u one day Amex!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What's our record like against Blackpool?

I must admit, I have fairly crap memories of them. Seem to remember we got battered by them at the Goldstone when they had Trevor Sinclair up front, and I'm sure there was an utterly dismal performance live on TV against them at Withdean a few years back.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
As if by magic, Edna...

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 5
Blackpool wins - 4
Draws - 2
Brighton goals - 19
Blackpool goals - 16

League Results at Brighton (all time)
English League One

08.10.2006 Brighton 0-3 Blackpool
English Division Two
04.10.2003 Brighton 3-0 Blackpool
27.08.2001 Brighton 4-0 Blackpool
English Division Three
20.02.2001 Brighton 1-0 Blackpool
English Division Two
16.09.1995 Brighton 1-2 Blackpool
01.04.1995 Brighton 2-2 Blackpool
29.01.1994 Brighton 3-2 Blackpool
31.03.1993 Brighton 1-1 Blackpool
English Division Three (old)
05.09.1987 Brighton 1-3 Blackpool
English Division Two (old)
29.04.1978 Brighton 2-1 Blackpool
30.12.1972 Brighton 1-2 Blackpool

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The 2006 3-0 defeat is the one that I was thinking of, no idea which was the Sinclair game though.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
3-1 Albion.... CMS, BARNES, NOONE

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Haven't got a great feeling about this, it's been a dream start so far but going to have to stumble sometime.

1-1 or 1-2.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here