I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Venue: Cardiff City Stadium
Kick off: 19:45
Referee: K Stroud
Assistants: S Knapp, M Pottage

TEAM NEWS:

Cardiff midfielder Aron Gunnarsson will be assessed ahead of the game.

The Iceland international limped off against Bristol City and underwent an MRI scan on Monday to discover the extent of his ankle injury.

Brighton striker Will Buckley, who scored twice on his debut against Doncaster, is likely to miss tonights game after suffering a hamstring injury during the Seagulls fixture at Fratton Park last Saturday.

Kazenga LuaLua (hamstring) and Will Hoskins (hip) could return, but Adam El-Abd (foot) is not fully fit yet.

MATCH FACTS:

Head-to-head

• There is only one win separating these clubs in 57 competitive meetings; Cardiff have won 21, Brighton 20, and 16 have been drawn.

• Cardiff are unbeaten in nine home league games against the Seagulls with clean sheets in five of them. They have lost one of 13.

• The first goal scored in this clash will be the 150th in League meetings between the pair.

Cardiff City

• Defending a 100% start to the season (all competitions).

• Never won the first three fixtures of a league season in their 91-year league history.

• Lost only one of the last 12 regular league outings.

Brighton & Hove Albion

• Holding a 100% record, having also won two league games and a Carling Cup tie.

• Opened a league season with three straight victories on two occasions, in 1951 and 1953 (both in Division Three South).

• Not beaten in nine regular away league games, winning six and drawing three since a losing visit to MK Dons on 26 February

My prediction? 1-1 draw, CMS to score for Brighton.

Last edited:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
1-1 seems a realistic prediction to me , it will be out toughest test so far .
have to be honest i would be chuffed with a draw .

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I still can't believe we last lost on the road at MK Dons.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
League Matches at Cardiff
Brighton wins - 6
Cardiff wins - 11
Draws - 9
Brighton goals - 30
Cardiff goals - 43

League Results (last 30 years)
English League Championship

22.11.2005 Cardiff 1-1 Brighton
12.02.2005 Cardiff 2-0 Brighton
English Division Two
29.09.2001 Cardiff 1-1 Brighton
English Division Three
09.09.2000 Cardiff 1-1 Brighton
03.10.1998 Cardiff 2-0 Brighton
28.03.1998 Cardiff 0-0 Brighton
24.08.1996 Cardiff 1-0 Brighton
English Division Two
05.11.1994 Cardiff 3-0 Brighton
28.08.1993 Cardiff 2-2 Brighton
English Division Two (old)
08.09.1984 Cardiff 2-4 Brighton
05.05.1984 Cardiff 2-2 Brighton

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Team pretty straightforward I reckon apart from a couple. Would like Vincelot and Noone to start and hopefully KLL and Hoskins amongst subs

I'd have taken a draw but I reckon the Saints board would have been on that before last night, so bollox - Albion to prevail

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Team pretty straightforward I reckon apart from a couple. Would like Vincelot and Noone to start and hopefully KLL and Hoskins amongst subs

I'd have taken a draw but I reckon the Saints board would have been on that before last night, so bollox - Albion to prevail

Let's hope so!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
f***ing come on boys!

Working in Bristol today, leaving at 4pm, will be in The Frog & Lettuce from 5:30pm, can't wait.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
A draw against the likes of Cardiff would be an excellent result and a real benchmark of how far we've come in such a short space of time. It's going to be a tough one, however. Come on, lads!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Think this game and Saturday v Blackpool will be a very good test of where we are at the moment. Not definitive for the season in general cos of new players coming in and us settling down in the division and Gus continued work with the squad but still a good test. Personally I expect both Cardiff and Blackpool to be in play-off contention and indeed I think Blackpool may well take an automatic place. Cardiff will be favourites tonight but think it will be tight. Draw or narrow win for them I think.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
2-1 defeat... I'm still trying not to get to disappointed when we lose our first league game!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Leaving Somerset in about 90 minutes with grandsons on board in the hope that they will retain their run of never having seen the Albion lose - actually, given that it is extraordinarily wet down here I might leave half an hour early and treat them to a Big Mac at the other end :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Leaving at half five, looking to catch up with my old mate Kalimantan Gull who tells me its twenty years (bloody hell!!!) since we last saw each other. I'm hoping we'll see a bit of Lualua and Hoskins tonight.

Prediction a plucky 1-0 loss (Miller to score) although I'm always wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here