Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor - serious chip on shoulder

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
From Twitter today:
"The moaners are at it again, this time tkt prices for Sunderland. Cannot understand the fuss. More on this in Thursday's Talkback"

Regardless of whether he's correct/incorrect on the Sunderland ticket prices, it does seem that Naylor has decided this season he won't hold back in attacking the 'moronic' online/NSC supporters.

Strange decision imho. Not sure it's even newsworthy. Afterall he only tweeted this today - three-four days after I'd say this was news.

But then that would sum up Naylor's summer of breaking a story.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Andy Naylor is spot on in my books.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
It's not newsworthy but then I guess it's a slow week Albion wise and he's filling column inches. Just a shame he's doing it by slating Albion fans again...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Andy Naylor is absolutely correct and does not deserve the abuse he gets from this site imo.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Problem is there is no right to reply. He can write what he wants, like all journalists, and they are 1,000's who believe every word because its in print.

There maybe 300 fans on here that have complained, 1,500 might not have done and 17,000 who will be at the game, yet he can print "The majority of fans feel the club is crap" when in relaity its 1.764705882%.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is NSC is a SMALL part of the Albion support. It was small even at Withers, its even SMALLER now.

So out of those that have spat the dummy over the Sunderland pricing it probably amounts to no more than 0.5% of our support (based on say 20,000).

Its a NON story, lets give it a headline, EXTREMELY SMALL section of Albion support unhappy with Sunderland tix prices, I wish that Stoke supporting FUCKTARD would realise that.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Problem is there is no right to reply. He can write what he wants, like all journalists, and they are 1,000's who believe every word because its in print.

There maybe 300 fans on here that have complained, 1,500 might not have done and 17,000 who will be at the game, yet he can print "The majority of fans feel the club is crap" when in relaity its 1.764705882%.

Great minds think alike Gazwag!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's not newsworthy but then I guess it's a slow week Albion wise and he's filling column inches. Just a shame he's doing it by slating Albion fans again...

Same with every club up and down the country filling the sports pages with non newsworthy stuff. We are not unique you know. Plenty of snide comments on other rags from posters.

I don't care if i'm in a minority but i actually don't mind Naylor at all.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
From Twitter today:
"The moaners are at it again, this time tkt prices for Sunderland. Cannot understand the fuss. More on this in Thursday's Talkback"

Regardless of whether he's correct/incorrect on the Sunderland ticket prices, it does seem that Naylor has decided this season he won't hold back in attacking the 'moronic' online/NSC supporters.

Strange decision imho. Not sure it's even newsworthy. Afterall he only tweeted this today - three-four days after I'd say this was news.

But then that would sum up Naylor's summer of breaking a story.

f*** him, journalists are slugs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Andy Naylor is spot on in my books.

Andy Naylor is absolutely correct and does not deserve the abuse he gets from this site imo.
Not true. It seems that 4 or 5 people can start threads moaning at ticket prices, to which dozens react with the opposing view. This does not mean we have loads and loads of people moaning at prices. I don't dislike Naylor at all, but this seems remarkably lazy journalism.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Not true. It seems that 4 or 5 people can start threads moaning at ticket prices, to which dozens react with the opposing view. This does not mean we have loads and loads of people moaning at prices. I don't dislike Naylor at all, but this seems remarkably lazy journalism.

Ah well Simeon. Worse things happen at Sea. Don't let it spoil your day.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Thing is NSC is a SMALL part of the Albion support. It was small even at Withers, its even SMALLER now.

So out of those that have spat the dummy over the Sunderland pricing it probably amounts to no more than 0.5% of our support (based on say 20,000).

Its a NON story, lets give it a headline, EXTREMELY SMALL section of Albion support unhappy with Sunderland tix prices, I wish that Stoke supporting FUCKTARD would realise that.

This!! :clap:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why doesn't he take a look at some of the negative comments on the argus website? Mr. Carrot for example.

Mr C Gull

Feb 1, 2011
Souwf London
Andy Naylor is worthy of all the abuse he gets and more; whilst the quality of his journalism is on a par with most other local rag reporters, i.e. its shite, he doesn't have any passion for the (local) club for which he reports on, which i think combined with his complete lack of journalist ability is inexcusable.

That being said, as much as it hurts me to admit, i agree with him on this point, even if its not in the slightest bit newsworthy.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the obvious retort is: "Naylor is moaning about moaners again. he'll be telling everyone about it on Thursday" (queue big page hit number, generating ad revenue).

if he cant understand the fuss why does he think it worth writing about?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Andy Naylor is worthy of all the abuse he gets and more; whilst the quality of his journalism is on a par with most other local rag reporters, i.e. its shite, he doesn't have any passion for the (local) club for which he reports on, which i think combined with his complete lack of journalist ability is inexcusable.

That being said, as much as it hurts me to admit, i agree with him on this point, even if its not in the slightest bit newsworthy.

what annoys me about this, is it seems like a cynical bit of shit-stirring... let's reopen an issue on thursday that frankly had been done to death by sunday evening - so i can get one more pop at the internet fans who're 'at it again'

let's not forget some of the very positive work that has been conducted via the original email distribution list and 'moronic' NSC

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

EXTREMELY SMALL section of Albion support unhappy with Sunderland tix prices,.

The trouble is that the minoroty have posted question after question on ask the club & post after post on the main board making it appear to be a large number of moaners that dont understand why watching a half decent premiership side would cost more than mid table league 1 shite.. As they say, empty vessels make most noise

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here