Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gosbts

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
How would you feel if another club's fans adopted their own version of GOSBTS, in the same way that countless have with Blaydon Races?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If any other club adopted SBTS (not GOSBTS) as their song, and if they played against us, we would simply outsing them, simple

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
How would you feel if another club's fans adopted their own version of GOSBTS, in the same way that countless have with Blaydon Races?

As pointed out in a thread from some time ago on this subject, Blaydon Races was a song adapted from an old Sussex tune from centuries ago. Nothing iz simplez!

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

When we sing it we sound shit we only sing part of one verse and that is sung far too quickly, it`s embarressing to be honest

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
well given the Keyboard version at Worthing I don't think we have much to worry about :p

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patreon
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
If any other club adopted SBTS (not GOSBTS) as their song, and if they played against us, we would simply outsing them, simple
dunno about outsinging 'em

we'd deffo finish it quicker than them though
'ALTOGETHER NOW...GOOD OL SUS BY SEA'

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
When we sing it we sound shit we only sing part of one verse and that is sung far too quickly, it`s embarressing to be honest

Not true.

Yeah it may be quicker than some would like but its our song and looks good with all the clapping. Unique to us. Why bitch about it.

Dalos

Mar 2, 2009

What's embarrasing is these stupid requests for the whole of gosbts to be sung,slowly word for word. Mark my words it would he shit and in my opinion even more embarrasing.

It's a football match for christs sake not a night at the proms.

Yes it works at spurs for when the spurs go marching in but completely different song. Let it go isn't ever going to happen. I think its only the mid Sussex real ale swilling beardy types wanting this surely

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
it is a Sussex song not Brighton song. yes Eastbourne play and sing it, probley why ogh went there. crawley are not by the sea so would not sing it IMO.

however r just as entitled too as as they r in Sussex

Last edited:

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
it is a Sussex song not Brighton song. yes Eastbourne play and sing it, probley why ogh went there. crawley are not by the sea so would not sing in IMO.

however r just as entitled to as us as they r in Sussex

I could not believe it when Crawley did not sign G H Eastbourne are fcuking lucky for that

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I could not believe it when Crawley did not sign G H Eastbourne are fcuking lucky for that

This. I still reckon Gary could cut it at League 2. Crawley are a disgrace.

Anyway, I'm one of those who want GOSBTS to be sung slower. It seems like the North Stand want to race to the finish line, whereas there was one moment at Donny when the West Stand took hold of it, sung it slightly more slowly, and it sounded f***ing amazing and was spine tingling.

As the grandson of geordies who lived in Blaydon AND on the Scotswood Road, I don't feel in any way violated when I listen to Albion fans singing about the Old Shoreham Road.

Nor does it trouble me that the 14/20 Lancashire Hussars sing their own version of Sussex By The Sea.

[yt]wJDgJDQ90NE[/yt]

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
As the grandson of geordies who lived in Blaydon AND on the Scotswood Road, I don't feel in any way violated when I listen to Albion fans singing about the Old Shoreham Road.

Nor does it trouble me that the 14/20 Lancashire Hussars sing their own version of Sussex By The Sea.

[yt]wJDgJDQ90NE[/yt]

You just beat me to it with that clip......

As for whoever it was who said Crawley aren't near the sea so shouldn't sing it, come on, the county Crawley is in is the clue there.

Is anyone here offended by the Liechtenstein national anthem?

[yt]hncmf1CoUbg[/yt]

Oben am deutschen Rhein
Lehnet sich Liechtenstein
An Alpenhöhn.
Dies liebe Heimatland
Im deutschen Vaterland
Hat Gottes weise Hand
Für uns ersehn.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills