Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Floodlights

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Maybe it's just my eyesight but from the West Stand Lower, I felt players on the far touchline were fairly hard to pick out - quite a bit darker than I'd say floodlit games normally are. The lack of defined shadows around the players all over the pitch seemed to back that up.

Did anyone else think the lights appeared a little underpowered?

Love the stadium regardless.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Be interested to know if the West touchline looked as murky from the East. Maybe just a case of re-directing a few.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I too commented on this during the game and those around agreed that it did seem a bit dark on the east side.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
No problem with the floodlights but blimey the graphic on the 'replay' bit of the giant screens is bright. Must have attracted the attention of the players when the game was going on

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
Yes I too thought the floodlights were underpowered. I commented on this to my neighbour.I'm in the west stand upper and wondered how it would look on telly.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Maybe it's just my eyesight but from the West Stand Lower, I felt players on the far touchline were fairly hard to pick out - quite a bit darker than I'd say floodlit games normally are. The lack of defined shadows around the players all over the pitch seemed to back that up.

Did anyone else think the lights appeared a little underpowered?

Love the stadium regardless.

I agree, as they are meant to be up to UEFA standards I was suprised how dim the pitch looked from the WSU, the lights at Withdean looked a lot brighter to me. Mind you as the stadium is 'eco' friendly I expect they've had to fit replacement energy saving bulbs which are about as efficient as the car parking stewards at the Amex.

:lol:

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I agree, as they are meant to be up to UEFA standards I was suprised how dim the pitch looked from the WSU, the lights at Withdean looked a lot brighter to me. Mind you as the stadium is 'eco' friendly I expect they've had to fit replacement energy saving bulbs which are about as efficient as the car parking stewards at the Amex.

:lol:

If they are like the energy saving bulbs in our house, you need to turn them on an 30 minutes prior to entering the room. Perhaps the lights need turning on prior to kick off :D

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I too mentioned it to my Son, I thought things got a bit better when properly dark though. Agree with the replay on the screen, at first I thought it was lightning.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
No problem with the floodlights but blimey the graphic on the 'replay' bit of the giant screens is bright. Must have attracted the attention of the players when the game was going on

THIS was far more of a problem than the floodlights.

hoveboyslim

Feb 7, 2004
Hove
I thought the same about both the level of lighting - especially on the East touchline and the brightness of the screens compounding this. I guess it is difficult to fully test the lights without holding an actual night match so hopefully will be sorted for the next one. Have sent an email to the club re the lights but not the screens.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
The internal lighting is quite bright in the stands during the game and there certainly is a huge amount of glare off the big screen in the Northstand.

I kept shitting myself last night whenever they started to show a replay as it looked like a bolt of lightning across The Amex !!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
THIS was far more of a problem than the floodlights.

Lights were fine from the east stand. Could see evrything beuatifully espcially the Gillingham No17 trying to get sent off for clattering tackes in the 2nd half.

Screens were bright but i susyect that's because they change to the replay action quicker that most people's eyes can adjust to but it was excellent when it banged out a pink hue in to the ground:eek:

Last edited:

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Don't know, I was getting too pissed off with whoever kept turning the lights on and off in the South East corner...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here