Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Children bringing plastic drinks bottles into the ground

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Paul,

Recently when answering another question you stated that cans and glass bottles could not be brought into the ground but that plastic bottles would be OK.

Now today when answering another question you state that plastic bottles cannot be brought into the ground with a lid on!!

Two statements and five questions for you to answer please;

A) I'm confused by your change of mind after about a week between your two replies

B) I was served two plastic bottles yesterday from two different kiosks and on both occasions the lid was left ON!

Q1) Are you confirming that club policy has now changed to not allowing children to bring plastic bottles of soft drink into the ground?

Q2) What about thermos flasks for those cold winter evenings, will they now be banned as well as their "missile qualities" are probably better than plastic bottles?

Q3) Why was this policy not implemented AT ANY TIME while we were at Withdean, or indeed during the first three games of this season?

Q4) Does this not sound like the club using all possible "excuses" to make supporters have to put pay to buy drinks for children in the ground?

and finally, thanks for bearing with me,

Q5) do you not personally think that a full carton of Ribena is as effective a "weapon" as a plastic bottle which makes this "ruling" ridiculous?

Many thanks and I look forward to your replies to my questions.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Firstly, the club will operate a commonsense approach to this, and young children bringing small plastic bottles may well not be asked to remove the lids. However, cans are not permitted, and the club do reserve the right to ask anyone bringing in a plastic bottle to remove the lid - but as I said it will be a commonsense approach. With regard to thermos flasks these are permitted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here