Thread: FAO REMF Team

Window licker

FAO REMF Team

0 Not allowed!
    I have been reading the threads on the Palace BBS about this game. The majority of their team is made up of Oxted Orient, a team who play together on a regular basis. Last year they absolutely caned us; thier team this year appears to be made up of similar players.

I would like to think that we all want to win this; to get one over on them as well as winning it for Robert Eaton, who was - of course - a Brighton fan just the same as we are.

I have every confidence that man for man we are better than them. That wasn't the problem last year; the problem was lack of fitness and people not being used to playing with each other.

We may be playing in April; we may play in August. Either way we need to use the time to our advantage. We need regular sessions of football together. I fully appreciate that people have work commitments and other reasons why they cannot make certain days.

I plead with you all to put 100% effort into the build up to this game. If it means missing Eastenders for one night, or the first race at the dogs, then so be it. It is a small sacrifice for winning the trophy that is rightfully ours in memory of our friend Robert.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by fatboy; 30-03-2004 at 23:55.
    Eeyore, Eeyore, you're worse than Mark McCammon and you're never gonna score

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      I quite agree
      Not quite keeping up with Southampton."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      And I dont want any moaning when I tell you lot to get down and give me 20...OK

Well said fatboy, Thursdays are the most important nights - its out of most work times - so see you all there ready to start at 8pm...

Tuesdays are optional as some work in london or live quite far away - this is just so those of us who need it can get some extra hours running around....

Sundays probably wont work as a lot of us play then anyway - but the sunday league season is nearly over - after that we can still us Dyke Road Park.

<<<<<<< SPACE FOR RENT >>>>>>>
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      well said fatboy.

Im gonna put every effort i have whether im selected or not.

is it Portslade on thurs.....defo
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by Brighton Boy
      well said fatboy.

Im gonna put every effort i have whether im selected or not.

is it Portslade on thurs.....defo
      THURSDAY DEFO
      <<<<<<< SPACE FOR RENT >>>>>>>

0 Not allowed!
      Only 4 maybe 5 of my squad oplay for this sunday league team, they are bottom league of the redhill & district league for gods sake, all about how much you have had to drink the previous night.

Yeah same team as last year from our end so you know what to expect.

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by cpfc remf captain
      same team as last year from our end so you know what to expect.
      "NSC expects that every man will do his duty".

не съгласявам се!

What if there were no hypothetical questions?

0 Not allowed!
      We gave them a lesson in football in the first game and cruised to a 4-1 lead to have it pegged back to 4-3 when we involved everyone in the game. Then an outrageous fluke from a corner made the game 4-4 with 1 min to go. They won 5-4 on penalties. I scored my penalty don't forget.

The second game we held our own but then our outrageous lack of fitness and the fact that the average age of our team was 10 years older than their, their youthful legs took full advantage and pasted us 5-1.

I expect all the players to consider themselves athletes from now until the game and cut down on the drinking, never smoke again, eat healthily and do some rigourous and intensive training.

I will cheer from the sides with my pint and fag !.
      Spielberg is GOD.

0 Not allowed!
      GGlover - u not gonna play this yr??

we have quite a young team CPFC so it should be a lot closer and a great night for a great cause
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      there's no i in team, see you thursday
      "Who gives a monkey's what 50 people want? Save a couple of toads and a few weeds? Give them a new stadium Mr Prescott" - Gordan Strachan, 30th May 2004, 1-0 the Albion, *to the tune of tom hark* "dur-ur-dur-dur-ur, dur-ur-dur-dur-ur, you're going to Torquay, we're going to Leeds!" season.