Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Food kiosk-bizarre rules?

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
Hi-apologies if this appears a small issue-im not sure as to the training the poor workers at the food outlets are receiving?have now been to three games and each time and at different kiosks,have been given different 'rules'.the best yesterday was when i ordered a bottle of water,to take medication-ie not necessarily to guzzle down straight away-that in order to buy it i could only have it if i had the lid removed.the reason for this was given as 'health and safety'.when pushed for the exact reason,it was that 'someone might slide on the bottle top and have an accident.'now i did point out that there was far more chance of someone slipping on the water that may be spilled by the bottle being knocked over in a full and excited stadium,but this made no impact.i had to either accept the situation-there being no supervisor to discuss this with-or leave without the water.
I took the water...and the bottle was duly knocked over.
Could you please advise if this is policy as it appears they are making things up on a match-by-match basis and kiosk-by-kiosk basis...
I need to know for tuesday as i dont want to risk flooding the east terrace again!
Cheers.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The staff are right, but the reason is incorrect. I will ask supervisors to make their staff aware of the actaul reason that lids are removed from bottles: which is to stop them being thrown, as with a lid the bottle becomes a potential missile. These are the regulations at every professional football ground - and not just in the UK, but I believe it is a Fifa/Uefa ruling. I first aware of the rule at France 98!

Equally, you wouldn't be permitted to bring a bottle or can in with you, but I think cartoons (Ribena, OJ etc) would be acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here