You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
full of pikeys last time i spent any time there

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
I've lived here for the last year after 10 odd years in Eastbourne. I live in the north end just backing on to Hellingly and I love it here. Yes it's a small town and has it's pikey element but so do most towns even the nice ones. Its got good primary schools a much improved secondary school. It really depends what you are looking for in moving here? My family and I are a million times happier than in Eastbourne, houses on the whole offer great value.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
My step daughter and a few mates live there and love it. The town's got everything you need and there's some nice houses. As mentioned, pikeys and chavs are around.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Used to work a pub there. Years ago a few 'traveller' families laid down roots in Hailsham and are very prominent in the town to this day. It was a bit clicky at first, being a stanger n all, but after a while i was accepted and went on to make some great friends. some of the best years of my life were in this town. Fond memories.

stewardxxx

Oct 7, 2008
Brighton
Thanks a lot for the comments so far, basically I work in bexhill and the wife works in Brighton/London so we are looking to move somewhere sort of in the middle. the place I am thinking of is a new build development at the north end.

Ideally I want somewhere that my daughter (who starts school next year) can grow up without any issues and get a decent start in life which I think would be difficult to get in Brighton.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
Hailsham is a bit hit and miss. Lots of "erberts" around,travelling families have set up positions all around the town, my honest opinion of it, is that it is really not nice.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
There are a couple but I think I know the new build you mean. I live near it & highly recommend the area. There is a nearby primary school that is excellent. Hailsham isn't perfect & has chavs etc like anywhere. If you can afford to live in the area I think you won't have any problems. There are pikeys here but I have no problems & I'm out & about quite a bit. Ignore the negative comments, its not perfect but I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Negative points are the lack of a train station & a no decent shopping centre.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
the town has got every thing including murders. Don't go out after dark. Worse than Worthing!!
There was a murder in the town centre in 2005. Not heard of anything since then. I go out after dark regularly. Never had a problem at all. Not sure about other people posting on here but I live in the town. (Brought up here & like it so much i moved back when I left the Army).

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Thanks a lot for the comments so far, basically I work in bexhill and the wife works in Brighton/London so we are looking to move somewhere sort of in the middle. the place I am thinking of is a new build development at the north end.

Ideally I want somewhere that my daughter (who starts school next year) can grow up without any issues and get a decent start in life which I think would be difficult to get in Brighton.

That development is going to be much larger 500+ houses. Do you really want to live in a shoe box on a rabbit warren!?

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
That development is going to be much larger 500+ houses. Do you really want to live in a shoe box on a rabbit warren!?
I'm a member of the local residents association. There are a TOTAL of 532 houses under construction in the WHOLE of Hailsham & there are 2 other major develpoments on-going. That comment is therefore rubbish to put it bluntly.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
hmmm, being totally honest i can think of many better places to live (avoid town farm area at all costs). do plenty of research and then if that has not put u off go for it.

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
i used to live there till 83 had a great time..mum and sis still live there visitin me mum 16th this month cant wait prob go to the george.. dont like the corn much ... and no leics is not better would swap anytime!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here