Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lara finally gets her trip.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Albion Star runs this Thursday 3rd race in an open maiden over 695m at hove, a hot race but it's what we need to see how she reacts. Look forward to seeing you there.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Great news Mark. What time is the race and what time does she run.......... And on that note where are you guys getting this information from? I just went on the advance runners section of the dog stadium website and said no information available?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Correction looks like i was putting fridays date in.......oops!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
It certainly is a hot race, with 2 other dogs (traps 2 and 4) running A1 and A2 grades, Lara is certainly going to have some catching up to do bearing in mind she's been running in A8. The 6 dog is regular at running distances close to 695m. Im assuming Brians other dog in the race (trap 4) may go off favourite and i'd expect Albion Star to go off at long odds like she did the last time she ran in OR. But those who were that night will know she is a lively outsider and certainly stays the distance.

I will definately be there, better dress smart in case she wins and we are on the podium!!! Anyone else going?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
It certainly is a hot race, with 2 other dogs (traps 2 and 4) running A1 and A2 grades, Lara is certainly going to have some catching up to do bearing in mind she's been running in A8. The 6 dog is regular at running distances close to 695m. Im assuming Brians other dog in the race (trap 4) may go off favourite and i'd expect Albion Star to go off at long odds like she did the last time she ran in OR. But those who were that night will know she is a lively outsider and certainly stays the distance.

I will definately be there, better dress smart in case she wins and we are on the podium!!! Anyone else going?

Brians puppy has only ran here twice, but has done some good distances in Ireland, I think for some of the others its trainers seeing if there dogs are gona stay the trip of which I'm sure some wont, at least we know we will be doing our best work from half way and I agree Hola we may have a bit of catching up to do. I also think this is a much harder race than her last 695. I will see you there. BTW I have got the 4 new passes through the post today, the others are out of date. I also have the form sent with them for reg Lara with the Brighton owners ( who sends the passes) so will get 4 more soon.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I can't make it again Thursday. It my last pre-football season opporuntunit to earn some brownie points
I'm taking Heather ( "is that it Nige?" ) out for dinner as its her birthday.
Apparently she won't accept a chicken in a basket down the dogs.
I don't know what's the matter with her !

Will have a bet. Would appreciate a text result.

Need to get some greyhound cheques countersigned John - Wednesday if at all possible..............?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I can't make it again Thursday. It my last pre-football season opporuntunit to earn some brownie points
I'm taking Heather ( "is that it Nige?" ) out for dinner as its her birthday.
Apparently she won't accept a chicken in a basket down the dogs.
I don't know what's the matter with her !

Will have a bet. Would appreciate a text result.

Need to get some greyhound cheques countersigned John - Wednesday if at all possible..............?

Nige, please wish Heather (is that it Nige ?) many happy returns.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I will indeed mate - especially if Lara were able to help foot the restaurant bill !

Thanks Mark!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Nige the only time i'll be able to get to you to get the cheques signed is somewhere between 4.45 and 5.45. Let me know if you are about.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
The RP betting is out and they do indeed make T2 the favourite.
You'd be a very brave man to have a decent bet in this race.
I'd slightly favour T4 to storm home late to catch T2, but anything could happen.
I think Lara is slightly overpriced though and she should surely be a shorter price than T6 who seems exposed and outclassed.

Good luck....

1 Rooftop Anny 7/1
2 Forest Hero 6/4
3 Shades Of Speed 4/1
4 Perles Orchid 15/8
5 Albion Star 12/1
6 Bua Secreto 8/1

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I also fancy trap 4 but not at that price! The value is definately with Lara as I think she'll beat both 1 and 6 and is certain to stay the distance. Looks a cracking race to watch how it all unfolds.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Wow how unlucky. Lara just defies belief every time i watch her run and is adorable. Lost by the shortest of heads, and (hate to say i told you so!) smashed the 2 dog favourite for the race, out of sight. I did worry the 4 dog might have a little too much in the locker and so it proved but if it wasnt for Lara checking at the last bend she would have won. 16/1 was a big price for her that i fear we'll never see again! Twice now she has been 16/1 and looked nothing like a 16/1 shot!!!! Good to see her trapping reasonably well for a change aswell.

Well done Lara, enjoy the rest........................Now Benny's turn!!!!!!!!!! We really do have a couple of cracking mutts!!!!

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Dont do twitter but am told CMS has just re-tweeted to his 6000 followers about our very own Albion Star. Get in there Craig, love you already!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here