Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Flops

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Spiros said:
Bryan Wade

I know he was generally crap, but that's a harsh call on someone who once scored 4 goals in a league game against Newcastle for us. Is he really one of our 2 worst ever strikers?

St.George

Sep 19, 2003
BN25 1TH
anyone remeber bobby zamora he was absolute shite! :dunce:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do happily remember the South Stand singing "ooh aaah, Phil Stant-ona" when he scored that header.

Great moments.

Playing in a totally orthodox 442

Nicky Rust

Bernie Gallacher Willie Young Glenn Thomas Les Berry

Vaslur Gislaisson Jason Peake Phil Holder John Crumplin

Michael Mahoney Johnson Darius Henderson

sub Rchard Tiltman

Seagullmatt

Feb 8, 2004
Goring by Sea
Wienergull said:
Jamie Moralee. Only turned up for his pay cheque. Harder to forgive players who have a modicum of ability than those who are obvious no-hopers.

My choice too. Always feckin' offside.

Mark Farrington & Andy Kennedy are 2 others that spring to mind.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Wayne Stemp anyone?

Andy Petterson

Bernie Gallacher Grant Horscroft Wayne Stemp Glenn Thomas

Vaslur Gislaisson Kevin Nicholls Michael Bennett Peter Smith

Damien Hilton Mark Farrington

subs Andy Ansah Jamie Moralee Michael Mahoney Johnson Danny Mills Gavin Geddes

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Seagullmatt said:
My choice too. Always feckin' offside.

Mark Farrington & Andy Kennedy are 2 others that spring to mind.

Andy Kennedy was by far the biggest tart to play for us! Anyone remember his goal celebrations?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
chips and gravy said:
Andy Kennedy was by far the biggest tart to play for us! Anyone remember his goal celebrations?

You were lucky enough to have seen him score :ohmy: I can only remember him holding one arm up asking for the ball and not moving if it didn't drop to his feet :angry:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ray Stubbs "And it's over to the Withdean now for Motty's continued report on that Brighton All Stars cup tie"

"Thanks Ray, well I can tell you that we're still playing extra time. After a goalless 90 minutes back in June 2001, the game moved into the Golden Goal period, and, incredibly, we still haven't found a winner!

We've had an astonishing 47 penalties awarded in the 2 and a half years of the tie so far, without success. Not through brilliant goalkeeping I have to say, as Mark Walton and Andy Petterson have done their best to let balls through their legs, but Mark Farrington has blazed 14 of them over the bar, 8 have hit the woodwork in the most accurate display of shooting we've seen so far, not to mention 7 getting stuck in the mud, 13 have threatened the crowd on the half way line and Damian Hilton fell over the ball every time he tried to take the remaining 5.

We've had a couple of closer shouts this week than previously- Petterson in the "B" XI fell over in comedy style as he attempted to hoof a shanked clearance from Ashley Neal into the crowd, but no striker was alert enough to take advantage despite the original clown keeper getting tangled in his own laces and being stuck on the floor for 14 minutes. While Mark Walton in the A team goal calamitously fumbled an attempted header back from Jamie Campbell towards his own net, but Richard Tiltman, following up for the Bs, failed to spot the blundering Glenn Thomas approaching, seeking the 10th own goal of his glittering career, and, in a Chuckle-Vision type collision, they crashed into each other, only succeeding in knocking each other out cold.

So 33 months of football now Ray, and still nothing to show for it. Surely one of these teams must crack soon? Back to you in the studio"

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Duncan MacArthur anyone?

Talentless and pyschotic ... always a winning combination.

I think he's playing County League for Rye & Iden if I'm not mistaken.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
amazing , no mention of robbie pethick , danny webb or dirk lehmann

btw agree with petterson and walton :clap2:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Walton - 20 grand!

Campbell
Carr - ditto Peake
G.Thomas

Peake - cost a lot of money at the time
P.Smith
R.Thomas - so good, then completely faded out
McArthur - a lot of talent, a lot more attitude

Mahoney-Johnson - so damn lazy
L.Davies
Lehmann - illustrates the difference between English and Scottish leagues

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
Rod Thomas was always struggling to impress a manager who made it clear from early on he didn't rate him. But the good performances surely keep him out of the Flop XI. I see him as being part of the beginning of the end of the nightmare.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
chips and gravy said:

subs Andy Ansah

Sorry, but have got to completely disagree on that one. Always looked dangerous when he came on, was quick, scored goals. He was never given a proper chance and i can remember people saying north stand chat (yes britbyte/bhaexpress, i have been reading since back then!) that they wondered whether he had some kind of fitness problem 'cos we couldn't work out why he wasn't starting.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
the full harris said:
Sorry, but have got to completely disagree on that one. Always looked dangerous when he came on, was quick, scored goals. He was never given a proper chance and i can remember people saying north stand chat (yes britbyte/bhaexpress, i have been reading since back then!) that they wondered whether he had some kind of fitness problem 'cos we couldn't work out why he wasn't starting.

Which goals would they be then? I think you'll find that he never scored for us in a whole season.

I agree that he probably should have got more of a chance but he never looked like scoring in a million years - a bit of an impediment for a striker

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
chips and gravy said:
he never looked like scoring in a million years - a bit of an impediment for a striker

You'd think so, wouldn't you, but I remind you once again....

Tiltman, Farrington, Lawrence Davies, Hilton, Mick Ferguson, Dave Cameron, Mahoney-Johnson, Kennedy, Gary Bull, Ricardo Gabbiadini, Lehmann, Moralee....

All men who proved the ability to score was definitely not a pre-requisite to playing up front for Brighton & Hove Albion.

Virgo's Haircut

Resident Train Guru
Jul 5, 2003
On a train...
Damien Hilton
Mark Farrington
Graham Barrett (did he score?)
Paul Kitson (well done Hinsh)
Darius Henderson (pace of a dead snail)
Danny Davis
Dave Cameron
Nicky Rust
Simon Wormull
Lawrence Davies
That bloke we had on loan from Charlton whilst at Gillingham

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Max's Dad said:
Rod Thomas was always struggling to impress a manager who made it clear from early on he didn't rate him. But the good performances surely keep him out of the Flop XI. I see him as being part of the beginning of the end of the nightmare.

Fair point, maybe he should be replaced in my XI with Gislason or someone, but it was just disppointing to see someone who was previously so good deteriate to taking someone on, doing 100 step-overs before losing it, then chasing after the bloke, fouling him and repeating until subbed. It was painful viewing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here