Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Flops

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Which players do you feel that have played for us have been flops for us down the years. Post your players here.

I would pick former West Ham star Paul Kitson last season and Geoff Pitcher (although I feel sorry for him, due to his injuries).

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
is that a challenge?

Mark Walton has to feature surely?lol
and Glen Thomas, Zesh Rehman hardly set the world alight either and Henderson too

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Oh, Micky Thomas, you could say Teddy Maybank, Peter Sayer, Richard Tilman, there's so damn many !

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
My Team Of Nightmares would be (playing an adventurous 3-4-3 formation due to the abundance of shit Albion strikers over the years).

GK: Mark Walton

Defence: Ashley Neal, Glenn Thomas, Jamie Campbell

Midfield: Les Briley, Dale Jasper, Christer Warren, Ricardo Gabbiadini

Forwards: Mark Farrington, Richard Tiltman, Frank Stapleton

The gauntlet is thrown, I challenge anyone to come up with a crapper team than that. Without using any of these footballing thoroughbreds. Doubtless there are plenty of other candidates....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hmm the side that played at Selhurst in October 02 springs to mind .......

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You'd have to add Grant Horscroft to the defence, surely... and find a midfield berth for Geoff Cooper.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
And a manager? Sorry, but it has to be Martin Hinshelwood. Never should have been given the job.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
OK edna, I'll give it a go...

GK: Tony Meola - definitely worse than Walton

Defence: Agree with Campbell, Neal and Thomas. would have Paul Sturgess in a 4-4-2 instead

Midfield: Jason Peake, Martin Thomas, Warren Aspinall, David Lee

Forwards: Farrington, Bryan Wade

Bench would have to be 5 forwards, because (1) this team would always be chasing the game rather than leading it and (2) you are very right about the glut of crap forwards over the years!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Damn, I forgot Andy "clown shoes" Petterson, surely worse than Meola?

Martin Thomas was hysterical, all he'd do was come on as sub, tackle like a mentalist, get booked, and then the final whistle would go.

Phil Stant should probably be in there, but I'll let him off, for that diving header 3 inches above the ground in the Div 3 Championship season. Dave Cameron however, makes the bench for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here