Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Madeleine McCann potentially found

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
why feed their bullshit craving? Its the fail. Why why why?!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
At what point would any of you stop looking for your abducted/missing daughter?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Daily mail manipulating grief to sell papers again? What a surprise.
Around 230,000 missing children reports are made in the UK every year, why do people focus on just one?

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
I think you would always cling onto some hope, remember Jaycee Dugard was found alive and well after 18 years after being abducted by Phillip Garrido.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea

It's not the parents' continued search I'm questioning, it's the need of the gutter press to keep digging it up. As Albumen says, hundreds upon thousands of children go missing every year.

And when the DNA results come back negative how do you think the parents of this child are going to feel, being hounded by tourists and press about their daughter looking like a four year old British news story? Do you think they'll get an apology or compensation for this horrible ordeal?

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

That's not the issue and one I don't know the answer too as I am not unfortunate enough to have had it happen to one of my children. Just questioning why the media (Daily Mail) have latched onto this one girl and ignore all the other cases of missing children?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Because her parents have gone to extraordinary lengths to keep searching and not give up hope, I'd guess? Hope it's true.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just questioning why the media (Daily Mail) have latched onto this one girl and ignore all the other cases of missing children?

Because she comes from a white, middle class family.

The sad fact is that had the exact same circumstances occurred but it was a child from an ethnic minority or normal working class family who had gone missing, the media focus would have disappeared YEARS ago.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Daily mail manipulating grief to sell papers again? What a surprise.
Around 230,000 missing children reports are made in the UK every year, why do people focus on just one?

Doesn't that figure also include runaways rather than abductions. Misleading to include children who have left of their own accord. How many suspected abductions have their been out of that 230k?

Also with regard to the 'white middleclass' argument, what about Shannon Matthews. Her abduction got a lot of attention and you would hardly describe her as middleclass!!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Also with regard to the 'white middleclass' argument, what about Shannon Matthews. Her abduction got a lot of attention and you would hardly describe her as middleclass!!!!

She was found within 3 weeks, involved a juicy story about her mother's involvement, and was on the tails of the Madeline McCann case so served to keep that one in the papers too.

The middle class argument wasn't that it was only covered initially, but that it is still covered 4 years later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here