Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Disabled parking at the Amex 2

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Hi

I still think that a meeting should be arranged so that Martin can face the disabled fans. Maybe they would like to look after a disabled fan from the 70 spaces in the University

In January when my mother purchased her ST she was told that parking for disabled would be FREE. Bods have had several meetings with the club and have an email that says parking would be FREE and that was from Martin in April.

Now the club are saying not only the disabled have got to pay but £180.00.

Now my proposal to the whole situation is the club charge £30.00 disabled parking same as park and ride - everyone is treated fairly then. People may say oh you have a parking space - If any fan or person at the club would rather see someone struggle then they are not a person that we would want at our community club.

My mother has got a parking space but only because the club have given her no choice. She can't afford £180.00 but its pay or she CAN'T go. It feels like blackmail.

Also Martin said the other night that there was disabled parking at the University!! Please can someone explain how that is any use to someone that has mobilty issues and a wheelchair user the other side of the A27!!! It just seems to me that the club would rather sell spaces to people in Bennetts field and get £360.00 than help a fan that has mobilty issues and give it to them for FREE as promised by the club.

Thanks

Bhadeb

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
With regard to free parking, this was never promised by the club. At the stage season tickets were sold we did not know the parking situation, so no promises were made. If someone has given this impression, or given you incorrect information then I apologise for that, but they should not have done so. Parking is half-priced for disabled ticket holders, but to offer it free to disabled fans would actually be positive discrimination against non-disabled fans.

Re the other points, I refer you back to my original response. If you still feel strongly, it would be better to call the customer service line with specific feedback, complaints or enquiries.

With regard to the meeting with BODs Martin Perry did offer to meet with them live on BBC Radio Sussex, but we are yet to hear from them. If they make contact with Martin he is happy to meet with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here