Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Probably nattering about that Harris Hawk that chases them away from The AMEX. I think it's really brill, but...the gulls probably don't :lolol:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Probably nattering about that Harris Hawk that chases them away from The AMEX. I think it's really brill, but...the gulls probably don't :lolol:

Are they using a hawk for the seagulls at the Amex? I watched some program a while back about MK using this method. The hawk even got a kill.

Tubes

Apr 16, 2011
Down Eastbourne they are the local nightmare. They just go on throughout the night. Could say I have just got used to It now.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Are they using a hawk for the seagulls at the Amex? I watched some program a while back about MK using this method. The hawk even got a kill.

Yeah, it looks great - apparently a few grounds use them.
I imagine the owner lets it get on with what hawks do, chase down and kill. Strange to think of birds eating birds, but loads of the species are meat eaters, including smaller birds like the Shrike, Magpie and Crow.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Noisy feckers at the moment aren't they? Seem to carry on all night, must be frisky.

I wouldn't want to live with the things.
They shred dustbin liner bags and pull out the contents - seen streets strewn with rubbish by seagulls

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
What, legally, can one do about seagulls? I understand that while most people think they're more of a pest than rats, they're actually protected. I've dealt with a couple with a stone or to but while our house and our neighbours have all the netting and stuff, some people down the road don't, and the dirty winged bstards are getting aggressive this time of year. Ideas?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
If they have had their young, (always 3 chicks by the way), theres nothing you can do until they can fly. After that then you can have the nest removed and netting put up to stop future nestings.

I left it too late and now have the noisy *******s on my roof. My cat has taken early retirement and won't go out now. Reckon I have to wait another 3 or 4 weeks till babies fly off.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
For sure, they make a lot of noise, especially at this time of the year – with the din augmented currently by the perpetual whistling of hundreds of new fledglings.

Huge flocks of gulls screech through the night down here at the Marina. But for me, it's all part of the Brighton seascape. So, despite the understandable annoyance caused to many, I actually find it quite relaxing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here