Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Cruise cast as Jack Reacher!?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Is this the most controversial casting since Mick Jagger played Ned Kelly?

Lee Child's Jack Reacher is a mountain of a man at 6 foot 5 inches. Tom Cruise's height is a bit of a mystery but my guess is he isn't 6 foot 5.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Which book are they turning to film? I'm reading Echo Burning at the moment, having just finished Tripwire. I have previously read 61 hours and have thoroughly enjoyed all three.

Jack Reacher is supposed to be a rough looking guy as you say 6'5" and built like the proverbial brick shithouse, definately not Tom Cruise.

smalldino

Feb 25, 2009
Littlehampton
Tom Cruise is the worst possible person to play him. I have read about 7 of these books and they are all brilliant. It needed to be someone like The Rock

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I cannot think of any American actors that fit with the Jack Reacher profile! ( Did you see what I did there.) Reacher is not only big, but has a brain as well.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Please tell me you are joking? He's one of my favourite characters and this is such a monstrous miscasting.

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
Was thinking about this the other day. Would have to be Gerard Butler for me. Would have posted a pic if I knew how to do it, Doh!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Oh him. Good shout.

gerard-butler-a-star-is-born-21-5-10-kc.jpg

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Which book are they turning to film? I'm reading Echo Burning at the moment, having just finished Tripwire. I have previously read 61 hours and have thoroughly enjoyed all three.

Jack Reacher is supposed to be a rough looking guy as you say 6'5" and built like the proverbial brick shithouse, definately not Tom Cruise.

Apparently Lee Child was on BBC breakfast this morning supporting the casting. I wonder why....Kerching!

'One shot' is the book according to imdb. I would put a link but as I'm a newbie, the new rules don't allow me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Apparently,Tom Cruise is not averse to standing on a beer crate when shooting close-ups with a leading lady.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I've just read "Die Trying" , my first Jack Reacher book. As others have stated JR is a giant of a man, and casting Tom Cruise to play the part is an absolute joke.

Apparently Lee Child was on BBC breakfast this morning supporting the casting. I wonder why....Kerching!

Yeah I saw that this morning, and the impression I got was deffo that the casting was for commercial reasons rather than who would actually fit the description of the character as given in all 15 or so books. I had previously thought the miscasting of Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross was as far from the authors original description as you could go, but this one takes the biscuit.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Personally, I thought Viggo Mortensen was the best choice.

Untitled.png

Take away the beard and shave his head and he's your man...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here