Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This new "Reputation" thing

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I genuinely thought that was just showing if you were online or not :/

It is...or it was at least!

But on closer inspection, it looks like it is reputation. How odd.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
It is...or it was at least!

No i think the green dot by your username is the online thing, The green dot under the registered user thing, when u hover over it it just say 'is on a distinguished road' whatever the feck that means

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was something a few people requested on my "If you ran NSC, what would you do" thread, so I turned it on last night.

I'll give the specifics later, but in brief you click the star below someone's name and choose to give them positive or negative reputation if you feel their post warrants it.

The weight of what you give is based on many things such as length of time you've been registered, number of posts etc. In short - if you're a long-standing frequent user, it is deemed that your view is likely to hold more weight than someone who has recently joined.

So, for example I noticed last night that BoF currently has a 'reputation power' of 47, so if he votes on you, then you gain (or lose) 47 points. By contrast a new user (and complete newbies are not allowed to vote) will only give (or takeaway) 1 point.

The green pips are an indication of your reputation - obviously we've all only got 1 now as it's only just been turned on. The words, such as 'on a distinguished road' are the default vBulletin words - I'll probably Albion-ise them when I have time so they're more relevant.

Or, if it all turns out to be crap, I'll turn it off again.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Does it inform you in any way if someone has clicked on the star?

Can you find out how many rep points you have?

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
It was something a few people requested on my "If you ran NSC, what would you do" thread, so I turned it on last night.

I'll give the specifics later, but in brief you click the star below someone's name and choose to give them positive or negative reputation if you feel their post warrants it.

The weight of what you give is based on many things such as length of time you've been registered, number of posts etc. In short - if you're a long-standing frequent user, it is deemed that your view is likely to hold more weight than someone who has recently joined.

So, for example I noticed last night that BoF currently has a 'reputation power' of 47, so if he votes on you, then you gain (or lose) 47 points. By contrast a new user (and complete newbies are not allowed to vote) will only give (or takeaway) 1 point.

The green pips are an indication of your reputation - obviously we've all only got 1 now as it's only just been turned on. The words, such as 'on a distinguished road' are the default vBulletin words - I'll probably Albion-ise them when I have time so they're more relevant.

Absolute awesome idea :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does it inform you in any way if someone has clicked on the star?

Can you find out how many rep points you have?

1. No, although I can add in something else that will display all reputation votes, and comments, on your user profile.

2. Click on your own star. (Everyone started with 10)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

Is it possible to see how users have voted, or will it be private? If it isn't private, I didn't MEAN to give you negative reputation:wink:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton

So it'll have things like 'First Team Regular', or even more specific like... I don't know, Gary Hart's boot cleaner?

Having it based on rep should be interesting - you normally see it related to post count

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here