Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prices at The Amex

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Just saw someone on another thread moaning about the beer prices. Really can't get my head round this - I know money's tight for a lot of people but by stadium standards it seems good to me.

By comparison, went to Lord's yesterday. The only lager, Foster's, £4.20 ... 3.60 at the Amex I believe (20p cheaper than the Kronenbourg/Harveys).

And a Lord's pie... £5.

Albion again MUCH cheaper even without the 10% cashback.

Of all the complaints, the one about prices just doesn't wash. Obviously some people don't have much spare cash which is unfortunate but the club is better than many stadia & comfortably in line with central Brighton prices.

Forget stadium prices, £3.60/£3.80 for a pint is the same or cheaper than pretty much all the pubs, bars and restaurants I've been too round here. And the food prices are cheaper than the catering at any events.

Try paying £5.50 for a hot dog at Goodwood FOS, or £7+ for a cheeseburger and chips at the Ardingly/South of England show.

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
They only sell on the concourse bars-Fosters £3.60,Strongbow £3.60,Kronenburg £3.80 and Harveys £3.60(from a cardboard box)

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
We bought 2 pies,1 strongbow and 1 Pepsi for £10.50 which is very fair for stadium prices , even Withdean prices would have been proportianately more expensive,but with chips!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If they're not being held down by members of <insert saucy girl band here> while Bobby Z poors free beer down their throat they will always complain. £3.60 at a stadium is cheap. £3.24 with the 10% is brilliant.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
London West End prices for a pint - 4 quid or very close for a pint is becoming de rigeur.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
If people cannot afford it then just don't buy it - problem solved.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Glastonbury £4 a pint.....

Lovebox Festival £4 for a CAN of lager.....

Wembley is now in excess of £4 a pint. Almost £10 for a burger, chips and pint.........

I'm happy with the Amex prices. Plus with the 10% Cashback/Smartcard offer for every 10 pints you drink you get a free one!

So in short, the more you drink the more you save!!!!!

LETS GET PISSED

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As said above....don't buy things in the stadium. A lot of town centre pubs do happy hours and stuff and also, you can also be like an old bastard like me and take a flask of tea or coffee and sainsburys do an excellent prawn and rocket sarnie and a nice bag of biscuits.

Simples

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
As much as I've got a gripe about a few other issues you cant really fault those prices as stadiums go.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
It was £4.20 for a 'pint' of Pedigree at the Toilet Bowl the other day. A pint and a top notch, bang tidy pie for well under 7 beans is ridiculously good value in this day and age in this here fair city.

Anyone who argues otherwise IS a MORON...

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Nothing wrong with Harveys "from a cardboard box".

Just had a family party with their 36 pinter - virtually no waste and tastes just the same as a pub pint - thoroughly recommend you try it.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
got to say 3.60 a pint is very good almost a bargain Perhaps thet could reduce it by 10% for every goal scored :lolol:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While the prices across the board are not as I would like, it's clear to me that given the area of the country and also the need to make this work, the club have made real efforts not to profiteer and keep prices reasonable, both for season tickets and food and drink.

A comparison with Lord's is a bit strange though, that is an international England test match at the most famous ground in the world, a comparison with football would be Wembley, not a ground where Championship football is being played.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
It's pretty simple. Stadium prices are always more expensive than pub prices. The Amex is as cheap, if not cheaper than a pub. No need to say anything else.

WallyBanana

Jan 5, 2007
Haywards Heath
I'd much rather pay for a top pie and a pint than when at the Withdean a "hot dog", that actually resembled a dogs d1ck, some chips that made me fart and service without a smile (as they had not teeth) cost about a fiver! My son actually dropped his "hot dog" onto the floor once and after we picked it up (3 second rule), I have to say, it improved it no end!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here