Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Rules

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1901 Club Pack

The 1901 Club pack will include 1901 Club Membership Smartcard/s, parking passes or travel vouchers, lanyards and 1901 handbook which includes dress codes and travel information.

Dress Code

The dress code in each lounge will be smart casual.

Acceptable: Business attire, smart jeans, casual collared shirts. Tie and jacket are optional.

Not acceptable: T-shirts, shorts, sport shoes or sports clothing, including replica shirts.

The 1901 Club reserves the right to refuse admission to any person not appropriately attired.

BHAMAN

Dec 25, 2010
Shoreham
The 1901 Club reserves the right to refuse admission to any person not appropriately attired!!!!!!!!!!

I see trouble brewing

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Would they let somebody in if they were dressed as a giant Prawn?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will there be a bouncer on the door saying "sorry mate , no trainers" ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How will you tell the difference between a 1901er wearing a tuxedo , formal shirt and bowtie from one of the waiting staff ???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
İbrahim Tatlıses;4245618 said:
7/10, an almost believable wind up.

(please be a wind up)

Not a wind up, it's 100% bona fide, copy and paste from an email from the 1901 club.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Def No wind-up, was done to death on here last week, no replica shirts.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
First time I've seen it in writing, from the horses mouth, though, it's not mentioned in the license agreement in such detail.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
No one speaks about 1901 Club !!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Will there be a bouncer on the door saying "sorry mate , no trainers" ?
I was thinking that. Nothing like a 'no trainers' rule to give that authentic 1980s nightclub feel.

NOTE: That is NOT a moan! It's supposed to be a vaguely humourous observation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First time I've seen it in writing, from the horses mouth, though, it's not mentioned in the license agreement in such detail.

The license agreement is what we signed off against, so it's the license agreement which legally holds. Might be worth re-reading it. I'm all for banning home shirts though.

sundabish1

Nov 1, 2009
I think the club have got this completely wrong and will end up alienating many loyal fans who stumped up the extra to go for tickets in the 1901 club. I really dont know what the club hope to acheive by this. Ive been to hospitality at many of the biggest clubs in rhe country and never have I seen such a dress code. Even No t shirts - it's a football game for goodness sake and i suspect most of the business types who are 1901 members just want to come and relax.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
How many 1901s are going to be trying to swap for a "normal" or "standard" seat?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I hope you are not thinking of dressing me up sweet cheeks!

Not unless you want to join a very long waiting list. :wink:

ps I could sort you out with a fish-finger outfit, but bearing in mind it's the 1901 - I reckon you've had yer chips.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So if you want to wear your replica shirt and dont want to go in the lounges, you are ok then?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How many 1901s are going to be trying to swap for a "normal" or "standard" seat?

As I have said earlier, I quite like dress codes, I'll stick and buy some new shirts if need be.

Part of me thinks that the rules are there to throw at people who take the piss. I'm sure if I turned up in my fitted jeans, pointy shoes and a nice t-shirt I'll be fine. If the jeans are the wrong cut and my shoes are a bit too casual I'll expect the t-shirt to become an 'issue.'

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Or, "Im Sorry Sir but we just dont think the jeans that you are wearing are smart !"
,(youd all better be extra-nice to your stewards, or else!),
best give them a xmas drink at the donny game, especially if you intend going there straight from the golf club,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here